don't click here

Assembler games member has Sonic xtreme POV stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    The lack of enthusiasm regarding this actually genuinely disappoints me.

Back to the occasional lurk it is I suppose.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Nothing to talk about yet that has not already been said . but yeah the most activity is over on the Assembler forums when there is any.

3. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    when something actually happens, I.E., there's some genuine footage, some files leaked, something actually, I dunno, tangible, I'll care.

'till then, guys!

p.s. just got a saturn again after a few years of not having one, I got it as a birthday gift, was playing Sonic World in Sonic Jam and experiencing the special kind of eternal disappointment that it only having the one level in it has.

that NiGHTS though...but also too short.

4. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but if it's source code that JollyRoger has... why hasn't that been distributed?

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I think he wants to get it working firts.

I'm kind of glad this isn't getting more attention, I don't want people harassing the guy or chasing him off. I am very greatful for what he is doing and I trust him completely.

6. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Even if he isn't distributing it (yet), I really hope he's backed it up somewhere.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    He's answered that already. He has multiple backups.

8. Energy

Energy

Pretty sure he said in the thread that he has no intention of releasing the source code, purely the binaries that it will build. Guess he sees the source as more disrespectful or damaging to leak.

Would be nice to see the source, but tbh I'd like to just play this mythical game and see the many iterations it had.

9. nesboy43

nesboy43

Really looking forward to whatever the outcome of this is. I see a lot of potential. It would be insane to have a working build of the game on there, or the ofer engine which could potentially be engineered to work with the already available files out there. Of course, these would just be the best possible outcome, who knows what will come of this. I really hope it's what we have been wanting to see for years though.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    ...I have an NV1 card, in a working Windows 95 box. I'm confident I told people in the IRC before, too. You guys should have sent me a PM before dropping $250 on an old card :V

Anywho, I'd be willing to help in any way possible.

Doh, I didn't see this post, either. Dude, the controller ports are just pins running to the board, I built my own controller ports using some sega saturn controller extensions.

Sent a PM to jolly roger over on assembler. I'm at home right now in front of my Sega PC. If he can get me the binary, I can get video of this stuff running within a few minutes. Hopefully he gets back to me.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well and here I thought today was gonna be boring. I'm keeping this topic in its own dedicated browser and F5ing the shit out of it.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Oh, wow. Our community has finally made it to this point. I may not think the game looked too great from screens, but this is what dreams are made of.

Godspeed, guys.

13. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Guys im shaking!

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    The suspense is not killing me, but I can't wait for (screenshots of/footage of) the build to finally be released! :eng101:

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Thanks for that info ! its very useful ! Good that you sent the PM to JR.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I hit up Jolly Roger, just waiting for a reply now.

[​IMG]

Sega PC with NV1 all ready to go

[​IMG]

There's the NV1 installed with the custom-made Saturn controller brackets to the right (I used two brackets instead of one).

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm just trying to absorb the fact that, 18 years after X-Treme was cancelled, both it and Chris Senn's other Sonic game are getting released in the same week.

Can't wait for this to come about!

18. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Well then fate must have a sense of humor. [​IMG]

19. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    If you had told me ten years ago that I would be able to play Sonic Xtreme in the near future, I would've slapped you and said "That'll never happen. You're crazy!"

And here we are today. I'm hyped as hell and I hope you guys can figure out how to get it running on current-day PCs so I can play it.

20. nesboy43

nesboy43

Wow, one of our members had the hardware to play this? Awesome. Hope jolly roger sends him the files. This could be amazing.