don't click here

What We Actually Know

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mercury, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Here's a quick question for you guys:

[​IMG]

Anyone know anything about this Sonic 3 guide?

Link with info

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I have that guide. It's where I got the name of the CNZ Sparkle enemy.

3. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Speaking Sonic's rock band. Check this out. I just recently acquired these things from Japan. I didn't know whether to post it here, in the 'Sonic Merchandise' topic or in the 'Rare Sonic Art' topic. Seeing as this topic has been mainly covering Sonic 1 including the subject of Sonic's rock band, I thought it would be appropriate here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"One day the island was suddenly attacked by the mad scientist Dr. Eggman."

"Next, he launched a missle attack against Sonic's rock concert, forcing the fans to panic and run away."

For more pictures of the case including shots of just the pen & pencil (including it's artwork), check here: Picture 1, Picture 2, and Picture 3.

There's no record of this product and I've certainly never seen that level artwork before (heh, so those were Pine Trees in the background of Marble Zone all this time). I'll see if I can piece the artwork together so that each one is a whole image. I'll be posting it either here or in the 'Rare Sonic Art' topic. I'll also do detail scans and pictures of the product at some point which I'll probably post either here or in the 'Sonic Merchandise' topic.

4. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    That is awesome! I've never seen / heard of that product either. Lucky find!

May I ask how much they cost?

5. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Also, I filled out the R2 wiki article. There was a piece of concept art found in the sonic cd developers diary that seems like a match for the ruins area found in the exteneded uncut ending video. That seems to confirm that a ruins area is infact R2. images are on the wiki page. If someone could make a gif of the ruins area from the video, I think it'd be a good addition to the wiki.

6. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Thanks. The final bidding price was 510¥ which doesn't seem like a lot. However, it soon mounted up with shipping charges, bank charges, service fees, custom charges, etc. Because it got bunched together with a few other items I also bought from Japan, the only way to sort of pin point the total amount for that set would be to break down the pricing for each item (in such a way that made sense). So the total amount for it would have been roughly £10-£20 (including all fees/charges).

7. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Hmm... not terribly unreasonable expense for a dedicated collector. So I guess my next question would be whether the seller is likely to have any more.

I forgot to comment on this before. I think it's probably a mistake on the part of the makers of the art on the pen, or perhaps they are working from earlier concept art, because the trees in the final and the way they look in this image just screams cypress to me. That fits better with the mediterrannean architecture, as well.

8. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Takashi_Yuda_interview_by_Sega.jp_%28November_2006%29

I archived that knuckles was green interview, with machine translated english. Better than nothing I guess.

9. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

Brilliant!