don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I meant with the regular stages. I'm guessing the reason they toned down the shaders in the main game was due to frame rate issues, right? As beautiful as Unleashed was, good lord it could lag (Looking at you water geyser section of Jungle Joyride)

2. winterhell

winterhell

Unleashed on the consoles is running at 880x720, afaik Generations was full 1280x720.

3. Lambda

Lambda

Man does that look beautiful! I gotta say I was also wondering why Generations didn't POP like Unleashed did. Looking forward to trying this out for myself when the new work is released!
    Some sort of Generations lighting mod in the future would rock as well. While that screenshot certainly shows how it's "interesting but unfitting", I think it shows some definate promise should someone choose to move forward on it. :)

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Someone on SSMB has a question for you Dario:

5. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    The fxpipeline renderer had SOME graphical improvements to the rendering engine itself, however the shaders for the objects are a different story, as they're entirely different shaders to begin with. The FxPipeline renderer was really just an old renderer that was functional but not particularly stable, whereas the original renderer was PRESUMABLY more optomized and took out what basically wasn't required in Generations' style book.

6. Faseeh

Faseeh

Honestly wanted to get more work done before uploading anything on my side, but I'm impulsive. Thought I'd show here.

http://youtu.be/aSlVIjEUeGU

Since a lot of people here have interesting thoughts, I'd like to hear what you all think. I was thinking that switches could be placed across the stage and activating all of them would then allow the goalpost to appear would be a neat idea as the stage is really exploration based and Rider has kept it as a 1:1 remake. Any thoughts about this since I'm not sure if people would be okay with that kinda deal?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love the switch idea to make it kind of like 3D Blast. If only we could get the spindash to work in 3D :/

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thats really awesome dude, but yeah I share what DS said about spindashing.

EDIT: Thank you Chimera! :D

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I've always wanted to see Sonic 3D levels in... well, 3D. + - I kind of hoped it'd be in SADX though...  

10. Faseeh

Faseeh

http://youtu.be/ZSo_lf01YzY

Heh, the Heroes Project team seems to be back and they've been obliterating me like crazy. Check them out I guess.

11. ELS

ELS

I just wanted to say I love all the stuff you guys do, I was wondering if there was anything that can be done about the horrible optimization for this game I'm running an i7 2700k, 16GB of ram, GTX 680 and it stutters more than it should and Turning the resolution above 1920x1080 makes the game virtually unplayable due to how slow it is without any mods.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I'm trying to do this now and I'm having huge difficulties (and by that, I mean I have no idea what I'm doing). Can anyone help? Can you like explain step-by-step what to do?

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Anyone has the updated pipeline renderer? I can't seem to update through GMI.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Umm....what?!

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    [​IMG]

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Broken image there.

17. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Totally is possible I swear it mannnn. Give me 40 years. Maybe by then Unleashed will be out on pc.

18. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    It's pretty easy. You have to install GeDoSaTo, go into User Whitelist and put in SonicGenerations, SonicGenerations.fxpipeline, and ConfigurationTool (it should be formatted like this: ProgramFileName || Program Name). Once that's done, you have to open up GraphicsConfig.cfg (it's in the same folder as SonicGenerations.exe) in something like Notepad, and change your resolution (e.g. 1920.1080.60) to what you want to be rendered.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh. you were joking.

Damn, oh well thought we had some kind of breakthrough. :(

20. Skitt64

Skitt64

I'm gonna ask this here since it's probably the most appropriate place...
    Does anyone happen to know the location of the homing attack particle effect, if it exists? I've been looking for a while(Google doesn't have all the answers, apparently) and wasn't able to find anything about it here.