don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Rouge using Knuckles' colors. I had made this for Main Memory, but he is going in a different direction. All well and good but I don't wanna leave this to rot... so check it out. It's just one frame though. Meant to be a preview sample.

2. LovelyAyriana

LovelyAyriana

AL
    After some hard work, time, and trial and error: Look at what I've added to Sonic 1!

[​IMG]

When the countdown starts, Sonic's standing still pose changes to his needing air pose. Also his walking poses change to his needing air walking poses. Then getting air changes Sonic to look his regular self again.

3. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    I've improved the animations for the MegaMan portion and I have ported MegaPCM.

I've also made it so only 2 bullets can be on the screen at once.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    [​IMG]

5. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    After 2 hours in Photoshop, I made this mock image for an upcoming level in my hack:

[​IMG]

Will be definitely working on this to make this less of a mockup and more of an actual thing that's playable. Shouldn't be too much work, honestly, it's only Sonic Crackers art with Overdrive Ostrich's background blended in :ssh:

6. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

Wow, that looks very neat. What zone is that, by the way? I might want to listen to the soundtrack and imagine actually playing it. =P

EDIT: "playing actually playing it"? I think not.

7. Devon

Devon

your mom
    I've added the slide move!

[​IMG]

8. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    Loving the art there DalekSam. It blends together incredibly well. I honestly thought the art was completely custom. I can't wait to play this, it seems awesome. (Also Sonic's mouth is a bit odd. Looks like some weird emoticon slapped on a Sonic face. I'd lighten up the line and curve it a bit so it doesn't look so weird.)

9. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

Actually, that's not Sonic's mouth, it's the outline of his shoe.

10. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
  11. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4s6KmU04SI

Playable a lot sooner than I expected it'd be. Will be my ongoing project for a while :p

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Awesome stuffs!! It looks and sounds rather nice, I'll be keeping a close eye on your work, I know how you've progressed during the years and it's all looking to me rather positive!

13. Devon

Devon

your mom
    Here's the slide in action.

14. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    http://youtu.be/4lCwa0Qrodg
    I got the sparkles working perfectly. they basically are objects that spawn into the BG. it took a lot of work, especially considering there was a lot of objects in the level already, but I think this will do just fine. :P

15. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Awesome work Mr. Gambit. I was waiting anxiously to see this in action. I'm looking forward to playing this hack. My guess is SHC 2015???

16. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    I'm thinking about it. although I do have some new plans for this hack to make it move in a more different direction If I'm going to enter it next year. But there's still things I wanna finish up, such as getting a proper working Ball in GHZ, and the two variants of Splats from the iOS version. The latter is easy enough.

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I too have been working on a Ball for GHZ... though I've only just started on it... and likely won't get far until after I move again...

When I make more progress on it, maybe I'll send it your way, and see what you think.

18. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Haha, I love the little victory jump Sonic does at the end-of-stage score tally. That's a cute touch. :D

19. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

Here's some (long overdue) progress on my hack - Sonic 3: D.A. Garden Edition.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

20. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That looks great. The only things I can think of that let it down are lack of enemies and the difficulty looks a bit too easy. Some clever enemy and spike placement should do the trick. The level already looks interesting, it just needs to have these extra obstacles to make it more satisfying to play through.