don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    As I said on Twitter, I feel sorry for these people having to stand next to those abominations in public.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    "Go! Lara-su! Go out and Mary Sue to the extreme!"
    "I will! Thank you mother!"

They did it to themselves.

3. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA2GOIKzjI

4. Catley

Catley

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGFjoeyc6I[/media]

Basically Not-Knuckles.

5. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Isn't that red Echidna in the back basically just Knuckles? Except he has a metal eye. What in the hell?

6. This has gone beyond laughable. Sega should knock this guy down several pegs, but they probably won't.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Wow, a bikini for your teenage heroine's big promotional image. Someone's trying to pull in the furry market...

8. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    At least her body isn't an anatomical disaster, like Lien's literal ham body some years ago, (Penders clearly works better with human proportions than Sonic-y ones.) but that does seem like a cheap grab for attention from the furry peoples. :specialed: I'm pretty sure the smile on the not-echidna above her might be mildly off-putting, though. I'd better not go back and look at that old 3D render of her, or I'll start laughing like a bird again.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    ....What the heck happend to Julie-Su.

10. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Well that won't work, those guys have pretty high standards as far as clean crisp artwork is concerned lol

Kens style surely is a whole lot of "too ugly, cannot fap too" XD

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think this is actually closer to what's going on in Ken's mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htt1f6icteU

12. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    I fear what Notckles looks like without the hat, seeing as he clearly has hair under it :ssh:
    That poster is both horrifying and fascinating at the same time, I'm scared to look yet cant turn away..

13. JoeyJojoJr

JoeyJojoJr

If we follow Penders' own logic, it seems he actually would consider that option to be copyright infringement. He thinks he should own current comics Eggman because he was originally a Robotnik from an alternate universe, and that Robotnik from an alternate universe is a completely different character from the Robotnik that Sega owns, so that means Penders owns Eggman. Unless Worlds Collide changed history to erase that alternate universe garbage, which it probably did, but since it hasn't been explicitly said yet, he still considers it to be a totally original character created by him.

So no, putting a mask on and never saying his name is infringement, but putting a hat on and calling him Bluckles makes him a totally original character, do not steal.

I think we all know the answer to that question.

He's just following the lead of John Byrne. The crazy comics creator who is an jerk on the internet and has some odd stories involving minors and sexuality, and who did the World of Krypton stories that Penders loves to rip off even more than he loves to rip off Sega. The difference is, Byrne is actually a talented artist and writer, so people can look past his real life antics and enjoy his art. And he can see the future.

I'm more optimistic than that. As soon as he actually publishes anything, Sega will probably sue him back to the stone age. I mean, it would be easy to think Sega just wouldn't notice him at all, but with the whole Archie lawsuit he put himself on their radar. Once he actually publishes something, they'll jump at the chance to reassert their copyright that has been threatened (and even partially taken) by him.

14. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2-fUf8wBs[/youtube]

I couldn't believe this existed at some point.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Haha what was that?

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm practically giving myself a headache forcing myself to acknowledge this is real. But there's no doubting that's the Penders' patented dead eyes.

17. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Supposedly, the video was part of a powerpoint presentation for a Sonic movie pitch to Sega. The link to the actual powerpoint can be found here too.

I forgot to mention. The slides themselves are nothing short of bizarre and sub-standard.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B95glW8UeSnia2xuRWljQzFyTWc/image?pagenumber=12&w=800

18. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm too scared to even watch that. Not after seeing that 3D model on Twitter months back, nope, not doing it. :colbert:

Also, I'm trying to remember if this has been mentioned before, but it surprises me that he didn't want to start from scratch in the spirit of his original characters. I.e, Rocko's Modern Life versus Spongebob comparisons, since one of the writers was involved with both.

I think more people could have gotten behind semi-weirdly drawn Expys (Which is an interesting read.), versus trying to take exactly the same characters as before, give them a new coat of paint, and continue the story. Sure would have saved a lot of money and time in court. :specialed:

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It's the same kids and TV from Sonic Live.

what in the world

20. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Oh, and the kicker: it's the same pitch Ken used to backstab Ben Hurst (RIP) over (context: Hurst and Penders were talking with Sega about potentially doing a Sonic movie, but then Ken suddenly went behind Hurst's back to make the pitch by himself, and it was so bad that Sega slammed the door in Hurst's face, so to speak). A lot of people over at the SSMB lost their collective shit when they realized that.