don't click here

E3 1996 Sonic X-treme Japanese footage

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Andrew75, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I know that there are a few similar gameplay videos floating around out there already..
    Anyhow, A Skype friend of mine pointed out this new E3 96 Sonic X-Treme footage hidden within A Japanese gaming video, so I clipped it out. I think its pretty clear, but not clear enough to re-produce the textures. Check out the dynamic lighting effects on the Jewels !

Man, what wouldn't I do to get a hold of the level assets. (sad-Face)
    http://youtu.be/9aS9nAuyp_o

2. Felik

Felik

It's so funny how in that video after such an EXTREME build-up the actual "gameplay" footage looks extremely lame and basic. It would look extra laughable if they've put Mario 64 gameplay footage alongside.

3. Catley

Catley

I still find it a shame that the game always came up fruitless. Like, the devs seemingly didn't know what they wanted the game to be like.

Here's to hoping we'll get another proto leak? Highly unlikely, but one can dream.

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Virtually everything from these demos has been leaked but the engine itself, and judging from what we know about the development and the videos, the actual game engine wasn't very advanced. Realistically, it shouldn't be that difficult to actually remake what little bits of Sonic Xtreme ever actually existed.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Isn't that what Project AXSX is?

6. Catley

Catley

Good point. However, I'm not sure if anybody is purely dedicated to even attempt to remake it from the original assets.

From the looks of it, yeah. AXSX is a pretty damn impressive project considering it looks like it's a one-man battalion working on it.
    EDIT: I've just seen the thread for the project. Quite a good team they got going on there. I'd love to work on something like that if I ever had the chance.

7. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I swear, I had some much clearer footage of the MARIO WHO? "Sega" bit at one time. Unfortunately, I downloaded it from an AOL repository when I was eight years old.

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Wish more boss engine assets were leaked. Missing all of them from the from the Nack stage, most of them from Metal, and all of them from that stage in the video.

I need more man power over here for programming Gawd dawgit !