don't click here

Happy 23rd Sonic!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes I know, Sanic day is Monday, but I'm celebrating the legacy of the blue blur tonight, because I have more important things to do the rest of the weekend/Monday. But I wanted to make some room for my favorite game series. So I'm going through some Sonic fun. I'm playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles on my Genesis then playing through Sonic Generations. I also watched the Sonic OVA and the AoSTH Chaos Emerald Arc while playing Sonic 3.

Anyone plan on doing anything for Sonic and Robotnik's (every year that goes by it gets more and more difficult to force myself to call him that, curse you Japan) insignificant 23rd Birthday?

2. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    I started playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles a few days ago but the signal from my Genesis kept cutting to black on my TV after a few minutes of game play. I think my Genesis is on the verge of death.... :(

3. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I'll be streaming Sonic 1,2, and 3K on his birthday. If you guys are interested here's a link to the stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brl4yFPzJtE

4. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I played Shadow The Hedgehog tonight.

Yeah.

5. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    I'm still kinda in my Mario Kart 8 phase, but I should probably whip out Generations or something for the day. It's been a really long time since I last played it.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I have to work on Monday in Kent, so I have 5 hours of driving ahead of me. Gonna assemble a playlist of tracks on Sunday from 23 years of Sonic games to listen to in the car :)

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I usually take the 23rd off for Sonicky shenanigans (on his 21st I got drunk and made chili dogs with a recipe straight out of an old Archie comic; delicious recipe by the way), and I was pretty worried about this year since our request book was full. Yet somehow the planets aligned just right and I was just scheduled with Sanic Day off like it ain't no thang. I've never checked out the extra difficulty modes for the games on Sonic Jam, so I may LP that version of Sonic 1 Monday morning.

8. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I'll watch the OVA and play a game or two.

And I've already made a quick picture for the occasion.

[​IMG]

9. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    23 years on the 23rd? I wouldn't say that's insignificant.

[​IMG]

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Man, this hits that perfect point that's both cuddly cute, and really cool. I love it.

11. I second that! Great work.

You know, if we're getting a Sonic game next year from the mothership of Sonic Team for his 24th, I wonder if anything is planned for the 25th. How about a Taxman and Stealth game that celebrate his roots?

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'll be doing TGC's first ever Super Special Sonic Search & Smash Stream over on my Twitch channel! What has become a yearly tradition for me since 2011, now shared with all of you.

I will play through every single zone in Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, both episodes of Sonic 4, Sonic CD, the two Sonic Adventure games, the dreadful Sonic 2K6, the Unleashed mod for Generations, the main stages in Sonic Colors and Lost World, and I'll end on an appropriately high note with Sonic Generations.

There may be other Sonic games thrown in, but bare minimum, I'll be completing those.

I will not play as anyone other that Sonic. I mean, it's his birthday. Plus that means I can disqualify Heroes. And I won't be collecting the chaos emeralds to unlock Super Sonic. I don't really need him.

I'm not saying I'm the best in the world when it comes to these titles, but I am certainly at the far upper end of the bell curve. I'll be posting continuous updates throughout the day on Twitter, so keep an eye out. Hope to see you there!

13. corneliab

corneliab

merry shitday sonic hope a good game comes your way in the next five years at least

Maybe I'll commemorate this by playing some Labyrinth. It's not a bad game, dammit!

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd play a better game instead like, say, Sonic Labyrinth or Spinball SMS. =P

15. Vangar

Vangar

I'm thinking about setting up multiple megadrives / TVs and get some people to play sonic 1, 2, 3&k at the same time, woo

16. Machenstein

Machenstein

I wonder if any Sonic news will be announced on the 23rd. It's likely we'll get more updates on Sonic Boom or maybe some new clips of the TV show. It'd be neat to see some Sonic-related stuff for Smash Bros. too, maybe a skin for classic Sonic or something. That's just wishful thinking though.

I'll probably just eat chilli-dogs or watch a stream of someone playing Sonic games. Nothing too eventful.

17. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    I'm busy until 6, but I might start streaming on Twitch around 7pm (GMT). I don't have access to all the sonic games so I'd be limited to the main Megadrive games, CD, Generations(+Unleashed mod), Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes, Sonic R and 3D. But if anyone's interested, link to my Twitch is in my sig.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    That movie's actually become a guilty pleasure of my friends and I, so we're making a point to celebrate this year. :v:

I just got done playing 1 and 2 (with bad endings). Had some Blue Moon to go along with it. I took a drink for each Act cleared and each death, which rounded out to about a beer per game. 4 in the morning right now, and about to go to bed. When I wake up it will still be the 23rd, so I'll do a run of CD and 3K (with good endings) tomorrow.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Oh wow. Guess I'll have some chili dogs today.

20. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    As posted on the front page, Retro, TSS and bits will be teaming up for crossposting and tweeting and original content all week long because thats how the internet works.

I hope to stream my Japanese import of Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld this Wednesday, and of course David the Lurker has his Sonic 2 Hidden Palace Zone panel on Saturday.

Also, I did this:

[​IMG]

And yeah, I don't own Zero Gravity, Black Knight, Drift 1, the Tails GG games, or any of the M&S titles aside from London for Wii which I failed to include. I do own all the GBA games, but they were too tiny and I sort of forgot to add them. :P