don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Wow, this is the last straw.

Look Taxman and Stealth, we NEED you right now. After all this crap, a quality remaster of a game we use to console ourselves when Sega wrongs us is looking very necessary to sustain hope in the franchise.

2. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Same. Want to remain neutral on this until we see more, but I'm pretty worried too, especially the kind of grief we're most likely gonna get because of this. As Tiranno said, tough being a Sonic fan right now...

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Maybe it's time for us all to let go of the impossible ideals we have pertaining to this children's franchise.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    You mean quality and respect for the brand? I feel like it's not too much to ask when you look at other game mascots.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ It is when Sega down right refuses to utilize any of their other franchises anymore, unless hardlight is involved in finding ways to milk people.

I know but I don't want to :(

Well, think of it this way. How has this not happened yet? If other, less important series have had movies, why hasn't Sonic yet? I'll try my damnedest to remain neutral about this until I see more, otherwise the overwhelming disappointment is going to crush me.

6. Machenstein

Machenstein

Being for children does not excuse mediocrity.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Is it really the second dark age? Or are you just not counting 1994-1999?

8. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Hahaha time to hop off the Sonic train before I lose my mind.

9. Machenstein

Machenstein

We seem to enter a dark age during the middle part of every decade. The the mid 90's gave us 3D Blast and X-Treme's cancellation, the mid 2000's gave us Shadow and Sonic 06, now we're in the mid 2010's and look at what's happening. It's like Sega has a lobotomy when the number 4 appends itself at the end of a year.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sounds about right. Well, hopefully the middle decade dark age isn't as bad as the other ones. I mean, Shadow and 06 were pretty horrendous. If the worst thing that comes out of this is Boom and Sonic the Smurfs then I think we're still better off.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Congratulations. You sound like every Sonic fan from 2003-2009.

12. So... Is this Sonic X: The Movie? :v:/>

13. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Calling it right now: Sonic and the gang go through some portal/warp/wormhole/plot device and end up on Earth which is where the live-action stuff will all happen. In other words, the same exact thing that's been done a million times before in other films, shows, comics, fanfiction, etc. Also, pop culture references. References EVERYWHERE.

Or maybe I'll be wrong and it'll turn out somewhat-decent... but seeing how these studios love money and cliche plots and pop culture stuffs equals money, yeah...

14. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    YES!

fuck

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    And what positive associations we have with that era.

It's going to take a while to steer this ship back on course. We have precedence corrections can be made in time. Just not before more things like this happen. So yes, I'm not hopeful for the next few years of Sonic related media coming out.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm at least grateful it's the Sega CG studio. These eyes creep me the fuck out

[​IMG]

EDIT: Thought. What if this is an adaption of Sonic Adventure...

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, while it's live action, I wouldn't really compare this to Smurfs. The designs probably won't be as scary as the new Smurfs designs. Besides that, they're actually rebooting the Smurfs movies already and making it all-animated and more like the original style.

18. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I don't see the purpose of live action unless that's the film's gimmick for "coming to the real world." I don't see using real humans and locations having any benefit since Unleashed did the stylized stuff. Like, the cast is going to be CGI for sure, but Eggman? Live action? Why not just go full CGI given the nature of Sonic's crazy ass world?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like after Sonic 06, Sega would not make a live action Eggman. And if they adapt the adventure plots it cccoullllddddd work if the plot was heavily retooled.

[​IMG]

Anyone remember this? They can add some damn good textures to make Eggman blend in CGI mode. Plus with all his flying machines, it'd probably be easier to make Eggman CGI than real, especially with voice actors likely being the same as the current game cast (particularly Eggman as his voice actor has been the most consistent).

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    My point is that whether or not this sucks, it's not the end of the world like everyone likes to pretend whenever a crappy new Sonic project comes out.