don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Much obliged :)

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I'll probably do a version with objects later.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, could somebody please rip those? They could give some hints at how they were planning to continue the level's layout. It would be really interesting to see the layout blocks any other levels are not using, as I don't think there's any publicly available info on them.

Also, I'm guessing the Hidden Palace Zone has the same 128x128 blocks in all the prototypes and the final version, right?

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    A rip of the 2013 Hidden Palace map exists? I'd love to see it. :)

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    http://info.sonicretro.org/File:S2_map_HPZ.png

6. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    The map is on the Wiki. I'd love to see this 2013 map WITH objects BTW.

These blocks are few, and not that exciting. Only pieces of bland platforms that look like the others, with some variations.

7. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh god. It's Sanic.

Gotta go fast

9. Vangar

Vangar

Sonic and Pikachu are obvious. But hey, Guitaroo man!

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Still, that's something that should be documented somewhere. Even if the unused blocks in this one level are not that exciting, others might have more interesting stuff.

11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Feel free to document it then. There are at least two level editors that support at least one of the Sonic 2 prototypes, and at least one of those (SonLVL) allows you to export all the chunks as PNG image files.

12. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    For those who haven't seen it yet.

[​IMG]

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Haha, it's true! There's no attempt to even hide it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRLESZA4WU8

14. Skaarg

Skaarg

So I'm a hockey fan, and for those that don't know it's playoff season and the Chicago Blackhawks are in the second round. So, naturally it was in my interest to watch the Colorado Avalanche - Minnesota Wild game. Well long story short the Wild had to put their backup goalie in, and for those that don't know goalies are allowed to customize their masks to a degree and so long as they get approval. So imagine my surprise when this is the mask he was wearing!

[​IMG]

15. Lambda

Lambda

I had a phone with that game on it, and that song. I couldn't believe it when I heard Chemical Plant coming out of my phone.

16. Vangar

Vangar

Sonic 3

Hey guys, what version of Sonic 3 is this? The megadrive logo looks incorrect.

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It's a pirated version taking design cues from the Asian version of the game.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Eurgh, untested too... worried for the sucker that buys it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  19. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Talking about this, when I was a little kid, I remember I saw a very peculiar Sonic 3 box. The box was made in cardboard and the art was similar (if not the same) as the Japanese Sonic 3 box art. The odd part is that, in the back, it showed a screenshot of the CGI-rendered Sonic (from the Sonic 3/& Knuckles/3D Blast intro) facing diagonally to the screen, in what appeared to be a boxing ring—and I say this because Sonic's gloves were red—and the floor had the same perspective as the Special Stages, with the same color scheme as the 4th Special Stage, but the floor was flat instead of a planetoid.

There was a screenshot of Ice Cap, with Tails fronzen inside a block of ice, in an open air area with a flat ground which extendend to the length of the picture.

I remember this somewhat accurately (you know, 20 years ago), but this was stuck in my head mainly to that weird "Sonic in a boxing ring" screenshot. Also, because of the fact that it showed me "the level beyond Carnival Night": "so, this is the level that comes after Carnival Night? And it is a snow level? Cool!" (up to that point, the furthest my brother and I ever reached was, you've guessed it, the barrel room).

I begged my mom to buy it for us, but to no avail (we used to rent Sonic 3 in the weekends).

There was also a Sonic & Knuckles box which was near of the afforementioned Sonic 3 box, and also in cardboard, with the Japanese box art. It is the same one that is on the wiki.

Both had the Tec Toy logo, and the text of both of them were localized to Brazilian Portuguese.

This could be a case of foggy memories, but I don't think so. When Vangar posted this, my heart nearly stopped, alas this isn't the box I saw.

So, for the researchers out there, any information on this matter? Have you ever heard about something similar? Or am I just insane?

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I remember seeing lots of crazy pirate and home made videogame covers back when I traveled to Mexico... so I imagine that some markets in Brazil could have featured some similar items?