don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    What you have right now is excellent; what you just need to do is play with the rendering a bit. You can still have punchy drums without them washing out the guitar. I'm no music expert but I'm sure a general rule is your supporting instruments Do NOT overpower your lead :v

2. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Everyone's a critic. v_v

I'll open the project back up today and see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Anyone remember the Abdat Adventure pack release? EDIT: Here is something similar released by someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9loh0wrK94

The Holoska Adventure pack. One step closer to never having to put Unleashed in the console again.

4. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Eww those layouts are horrible. Good thing I've been still working on mine. My progress is slow since I'm the only one who's doing it. But good lord they didn't fix the materials and the layouts for them and cameras seem kinda halfass.

Anyways I ended up making a lightfield for the Unleashed Projects Hub World. Since I figured it needed one to make it look a little bit better. I love how Mazuri looks now.
    [​IMG]

Heres something else thats a bit old.

[​IMG]

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean, idk I thought they were pretty authentic to the source. Granted, without Unleashed physics the levels are kinda different, but I still thought it was an impressive port myself. I was surprised switch activated goal rings even worked

6. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    The goal ring didn't actually appear its just a camera event and layer swapping which is what is done in Unleashed. But Unleashed also has a event trigger for Goal Rings but in Generations it does nothing. Not much else to it. Their layouts for that Holoska Act 2 I just do not like at all.

Edit: I should remind you that most of the Sub Stages and DLC levels all just use Layered Layouts that change every laps. But in Generations it has a layer limit allowed. Unleashed had no limit and had a auto range for objects. So you are seeing pop in in stages since they didn't set the range correctly which is something that they should do. So in Generations you're limited by how many layers you can have active so you gotta try merging things and mixing things up to get them to work properly. I know the one Lap based Chunan one on water has that issue and the same with Mazuri with the 2d Tree level.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So that's how they work. Interesting, I honestly have no idea of the inner workings of Unleashed. I'm kinda just happy that people have not forgotten about the game. I mean, It ranks right up there with Sonic 2 and 3K for me, but some fresh stuff can never hurt for me

8. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Clearly SEGA hasn't forgotten about it either, given that the game was recently made available on the PlayStation Store. Honestly makes me wonder if we'll ever see anything else done with the game. Sure, it's unlikely that the game will ever get a release on PC, but I can still dream. Also where the hell are the updated Sonic 1 and 2 ports SEGA?

OT: Nice work as usual, Zoney.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh sorry I didn't mean people have forgotten about Unleashed, I meant Generations. I don't want to see the Generations modding stop.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I doubt Generations modding will ever end, its like the new Sonic 2 now its the second most fully hackable 3D sonic game on PC. soon enough we will do more and more with the game, I believe were just now really digging to see what this engine can really do.

You know you love it ;)

11. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I've been stumped for quite a while on how to properly convert the particle emitters and particle materials, as they were some sort of binary XML format. A couple of them had all the strings that were necessary, but sadly that wasn't enough reference to properly convert most of them. So I happened to have a lucky break and find in the executable the string table that matched exactly what the particle XML needed. So here's something that I hope you find very useful.

http://youtu.be/dFxHhg8tLIM

Download GTE / GTM Converter.

Keep in mind manually editing an XML by hand isn't a great method either, but we don't have many alternatives as it is unless someone decides to work on a fully-featured particle editor. While recreating effects is now a possibility, it would probably take quite a lot of guesswork to get it right. This should be a good start though.

12. Falk

Falk

Is it finally a possibility to make dog enemies where they bark and bees come out of their mouth?

13. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    The entire Sonic Generations hacking scene has been building up to this moment.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  15. winterhell

winterhell

You could try emitting Amy particles. That would be so evil.

16. Arcieo

Arcieo

Adabat Adventure Pack mod
    Correction: not the same guy. It is not our (Adabat Adventure Team) work. So yeah...

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh, I stand corrected. Did not mean to give credit to someone for something they didn't do, I just did not remember who actually released the Abadat adventure pack. Seemed incredibly similar so I just jumped to conclusions.

18. Arcieo

Arcieo

Adabat Adventure Pack mod
    Actually we have invested more passion in our Adabat, levels layout are pretty similar to original game. But here I see a lot of old bugs that come from Unleashed and some bugs because of Generations structure.
    Main developer of Adabat was Mr. Helias, here is a new thing we working on.
    http://youtu.be/mPieYbFnnMY

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I will admit, there was more care put into the Abadat release. Perhaps I was ignoring the Holoska pack's sloppiness simply because I was excited to see some more Unleashed levels.

20. Dario did something amazing I'm surprised he hasn't posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3sYXrNOxx4