don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm pretty impressed by the quality of what they've shown of it so far! Very curious to finally see how Sonic mechanics will hold up in an open world-ish area. Don't have a WiiU, so hopefully there are a lot of opinions posted here tomorrow.

2. I'm looking forward to this one.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I see Sonic is not a fan of tights. How long before DeviantArt is full of Sonic/Zelda crossover fan art? Well, moreso than it has now...

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    [​IMG]
    Hear me oh mighty Triforce, make Sonic Boom the most amazingly profitable, Funnest, highest metacritic scored game everrrrrrrr!

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Trending on Facebook.
    EDIT: Now most trending thing on Facebook.
    [​IMG]

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Bah, I sold SLW last month =T

Maybe I'll pick it up again when the game is super reduced lol

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Perfect, just what I needed when I've got a friend visiting this weekend. Can give this a good go.

8. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    More this, less Sonic & Mario sports games please. Imagine if they made a platformer staring Mario and Sonic. Lost World's control scheme has so many similarities to Mario platformers and other Nintendo games that a modified version of the engine for a game like that would probably work well.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Now if they just did a full Nintendo-SEGA crossover game like this...

10. Puma

Puma

No Master Sword? Rubbish!

So much for that Sonic and the Black Knight sequel we all thought this would be :v:

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Please do Banjo and Kazooie next :3

But seriously, first game I'm buying when I get a Wii U. Fucking fantastic game.

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Can't help but wonder if Sonic Team just wanted to try their hands with a bunch of Nintendo IPs and used Lost World as a means to do so with these DLC levels, the attention to design (in terms of graphics/visuals) for this and the Yoshi's Island DLC is fantastically dead-on.

And that Link costume for Sonic is awesome, I hope it's available in SSB4 as an alternative skin.

13. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I wonder if this is it for DLC, or if they have more planned? Another 2D and another 3D stage would be great! I'm thinking a 2D Metroid stage and a 3D Mario stage.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd wager this is it, but it's a good time to go pester our favorite PR team. I can see this being put to pasture now that Sonic Boom is a thing, and that's not even counting on another Sonic title being generated in Japan, as Boom is very much North American in concept.

15. Pyrosaur

Pyrosaur

Lolzerz.
    Cobanermani finally has his playthrough of the zone up.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXb0scN8eE[/media]

Still looks awesome.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, at least I can post impressions:

+It's pretty looking. Very grandiose in scale, at least outside.
    +Lots of little secrets to find and little nods to the Zelda series.
    +Stalkids

-Despite looking grandiose, the outside is surprisingly shallow. Playable area is small.
    -Cut and paste tube level segment. Doesn't really differentiate itself from others, Gorons aside.
    -Becomes rather pointless to play after one go or after clearing the last Flicky gate. Hidden World 1 is much better for amassing flickies quickly if you REALLY want to upgrade RC vehicles (worthless unless you pair up a 3DS version of the game.)
    -Not so much related to the DLC, but for a sneak preview, Ruby pretty much showed off the whole stage even though he teased additional secrets. I get being excited for a product, but a little more tact, man. :v: Less is more. I was kind of looking around for any other hidden goodies, but it was as straight-line as ever.
    -No, really, screw those tube cave stages.

Overall: it is what it is; A Zelda themed level with the main intention of making it easier to quickly get Flickies (you get about 1000 or so per run.) I was kind of hoping the extra time in development would result in a little more (alternate end level sequences depending on paths chosen within the main hub? Sonic finding the Master Sword/Excalibur?) but for a free DLC, it'll do, especially for a game already past its ripe season.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, if nothing else it'll do as a Flicky generator. Unlocked Sky Road 4 this evening thanks largely to a single runthrough of this level. Nicely done and longer than Yoshi's stage, but yeah, still fairly short. Can't complain for free DLC that's effectively promotional material for Nintendo IPs, though!

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I just gave it a run too. I don't have much else to add that's already been said, basically it feels like Sonic Team was experimenting with this stage. As for flickies/rupees, it's a lot less fustrating to farm for rupees than it is farming Yoshi eggs (where one hit was a big loss).

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's a surprising amount of things to do in what's actually a really tiny Hyrule Field area. 3D Sonic games need to be this open and intricate in general, of course with the promise of multiple routes. The bulk of the stage is that dungeon area. Was it supposed to be Twilight Princess' Goron Mines? Whatever it was, it was naff. The interior-tubular levels are all pretty crap.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I bet they'll do a Mario Kart level LOL