don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    This happens because the animated tile data writes to one location in VRAM, but the chunks in-game read from another. The Git disassembly has a toggle to fix that (added by yours truly some time ago).

2. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  3. Flipside

Flipside

Someone on Newgrounds made a Sonic version of Flappy Bird called "Velocity Wings". And it doesn't suck. You guys need to see this.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/635264

It was made for something called "Flappy Jam".

Apparently, they have their own website where people submit Flappy Bird games in support of the original developer. There are 797 submissions there. ...Yeah.

And the guy who made the music for Velocity Wings did a very good job.

4. [​IMG]
    My friend and I are having a bit of a tissy. Does Robotnik have multiple chins in this picture, or does he have a beard? We're actually at each others throats here. We need answers now.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I always figured that was his red top, with the artist missing the bottom lip accidentally as it WAS rather thin sometimes...

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Looks like a beard to me but, you know, different interpretations and all.

7. IceKnight, you nincombot. I idolized you. When I saw your holiness browsing this thread, I thought for sure you would see things as they were.

I used to think your eye for the Sonic arts was unparalleled. But now you've gagged me with a spoon daddy-o. I've been totally had.

That is clearly not a beard. Greg Martin, the artist of said box-art drew plenty of other pictures including Robotnik, none of which feature this so called beard. You're wrong. My friend is wrong. I'll never take either of you seriously ever again.

Somebody else back me up on the chin front here. Please....

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm trying desperately to see that as a flabby chin...and I don't. Looks like a beard.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nope, I always saw it as a beard as well... I have no idea how you're getting chins out of it.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm def seeing a beard there. Never understood it's inclusion.

11. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    No matter how hard I try, I can't see chins. Probably either a mistake or a conscious decision by either the artist or his director to make him look more gruesome/blend the gradient better.

In defense of the late Greg Martin, it was probably only the second orthird time he had to draw the character, and in both those examples you can't see his lower jaw. In fact, one looks traced from the other.

12. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    I always thought it was either a beard or part of his body (that was just blended with the black background). I'm afraid I have to join the "can't see it" crowd on it being a chin.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Prepare yourselves to have your minds blown:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BOOM

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    hahaha nice.

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Add me to Camp Beard wrt Sonic 2's western box art. Always bugged the crap out of me, too, since no other interpretation of Eggman or Robotnik has any facial hair other than the trademark bushy mustache.

16. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I'm going to have to say beard, but the more I look at it, it does look like the beginning of his top, albeit cut off into a fade / gradient.

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    It's his top.

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I always saw it as a beard. Looking at the sketch it still looks like a beard, not like his shirt or chin at all. What bothers me more about that art is it looks like he doesn't have eyes, it's always felt creepy to me.

[​IMG]

19. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    So, I work in Paris and this is what I see every morning on the way to my office :

[​IMG]

Does this sprite belong to a particular game ? It seems to be a custom work (the mosaic was made by an artist).

20. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    sprites from Sonic Pocket Adventure for the NeoGeo Color. One of my favorite Sonic Sprites