don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    I actually liked her, but I guess if they want to make a story based game with her being from start to finish they need to tone her down.

Still making her into a "IM A STRONG WOMAN THAT NEEDS NO MAN" is nuts. Also why did they turned Knuckles into a complete idiot? Before he was just an naive but cool dude, now he is just "ME STRONG ME SMASH ROCKS" type of character.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Knuckles has been turning into an idiot ever since Sonic Heroes. The flanderization is complete now. He is a moron.

Maybe it has to do with him being away from the Master Emerald, like he's going through withdrawals or something

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Actually, in Sonic Heroes Knuckles was still kinda cool. He just put up with Sonic for the sake of the stupid stuff he said, but could smash rocks and shit. It's more with Shadow the Hedgehog that he became a bit more foolish, and his voice didn't help either.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh, I don't know, it's been done well before...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Western devs seems to have such an problem with making female characters the slightest bit stereotypical that they've gone full 180 and made a new stereotype of their own. Still, I'm happy to see them tone down that particular aspect of Amy's personality and relationship with Sonic for sake of a series where she's constantly with Sonic as friend, and given her some other characteristics as well ("smart and acrobatic", "the team's archaeologist"). It would be awkward and annoying as hell if everything she did was still to gain Sonic's affections. But it should still be a part of her personality, considering that's been her most notable quality for the past 20-odd years.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    When has there ever been a hype video where the developers and decision makers say all the right things to assuage people's fears and the end product didn't turn out to be shit? I'm genuinely curious, please someone tell me.

7. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    I think this comes from interacting with a certain kind of woman or thinking that making a woman feminine will offend woman everywhere. I mean its not wrong to make a feminine girl that likes romance and shit. I mean many girls are like that and I think its an insult to them to say that only "STRONG & INDEPENDENT" woman are the correct woman.

8. MastaSys

MastaSys

Well Amy was more worried with the critters than Sonic in Lost World, so it might be a good preview of the new direction they want to do with her.

As for Knuckles...

http://www.youtube.c...ZYb0YXDMds&t=56

He was so badass back then...

9. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

Knuckles I think had it the worst when they transitioned to 3d. The way I had always saw it, he was the character with the most personality. He had to have been smart to set up all those traps around the island, he always managed to stay one step ahead of Sonic, and he would laugh right in your face as he screwed you over. Even that scene in Launch Base, it almost seemed like he was being a dick just to be a dick. And hell, before that, he tries to take you out by bombing the building your in, like he wasn't playing around. Sonic Adventure hits though and he becomes all serious and Mr. Monotone, and starting in Heroes, he slowly became a big dumb idiot. I always figured he'd be a witty wisecracking smartass, but they went a whole different route. And now here we are, with the epitome of big dumb idiot. I can get behind everyones re-designs except Knuckles, and I just hate what he's been reduced to even before Boom.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Knuckles' redesign bugs me a lot. Prior to Sonic Boom, I always thought he had one of the coolest characters designs in the series. No way in hell can I say that anymore. If they really wanted to emphasize his strength, they could been more original be giving him huge knuckles to further emphasis his name is Knuckles. That would've been funny. Not opposed to making him look stronger, but they went way overboard.

11. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Knuckles had been a sad sob story over the years. You guys remember the last side-series ... um, Sonic X? When it came down to Knuckles, they pissed on him, took a massive dump, then defecated all over him for the finishing touch.

Sonic X Knuckles was the most gullible and dumbest I've ever seen him, and unfortunately, they never wanted to let shit go. Now, they've just translated that Sonic X personality into the physical realm that is his appearance.

I guess Big's discontinuation would eventually need a beefy, stupid dope to replace him. Sonic is wearing a long-sleeve and scarf in the scorching desert, Amy's a little slut, and Tails is still 8. Well, there you have it guys, you're welcome.

12. Felik

Felik

I dunno. Personally I think Knux was kind of a badass in X. Heck, Knuckles' episode was my favorite in Season 1 and in the show overall.

13. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I thought the consensus was that it was Shadow that took over Knuckles role as being the bad-ass guy, being equal to Sonic?

I'd certainly be interested in how BRB would Americanize Shadow - if he ever appears on here.

14. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Knux was cool in Sonic X. They did not do anything to hurt his character. It was my understanding they portrayed him to be Sonic's equal. I mean the yelling and the gullibility is understandable because it's a cartoon show. Those parts of his character were not meant to be taken seriously. But nobody hurt his character more than Shadow because he did take over his bad ass role. Then Sonic 06 came along where Knuckles did not have his own story line but then they added another new "badass" named Silver. I think he was intended to but it was something about his gameplay that would've been too broken for the action stages. This is where Sega took a massive dump on his character. You can also say Shadow hurt Metal Sonic's character too. Him and Knux were pretty big in the 90s. Knuckles was just a "badass" and Metal was the more "dark and edgy badass" but Shadow took both of those roles from them.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Knuckles is portrayed as a dumb-ass because he has was a dumb-ass in the beginning. I don't think the "he's just gullible" argument is valid when he even believes some overweight guy who puts cute animals inside evil robots. Also when he stands on top of an incredibly unstable platform above a shitton of oil that gets knocked down when Sonic just kind bumps into it with the Eggmobile.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    There's a difference between a dumbass and a brainless moron. MY WHIP CREAM FILLING WILL COME OUT YUMMY is brainless moron.

17. It was "my whip cream pudding will shoot out like toothpaste", not "my whip cream pudding will come out yummy".

18. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I'm pretty sure Silver was created exclusively so that Shadow could score some points by kicking him in the back of the head.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I was paraphrasing, first of all. Second of all, does it really matter what he said specifically? It's fucking moronic either way.

20. MastaSys

MastaSys

So you prefer that he's more sincere about his guts and blood when a giant boulder falls on him, in a show mainly for kids?