don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. upg

upg

If I remember a previous interview correctly, Takashi did say they were going to be changing Sonic (this was after Generations, that time period) and that they were looking to have a more established representation of Sonic across the board. Not those exact words, but you get the point.

So I def. think if they're changing the designs for this show, it will also effect the games, along with other material (ie. Archie series) , and it wouldn't be surprising comparing the alleged Buffles Echidna to Rotor's re-design

[​IMG]

2. Machenstein

Machenstein

Modern Sonic will be called Classic Sonic and Classic Sonic will be called Prehistoric Sonic.

3. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Possibly '00s Sonic, since that's the decade the design's been most associated with, just as the Classic design is more associated with the 1990s. So '90s, '00s and '10s.

That, or "Adventure Sonic", since that's the game that introduced the design. So, Classic, Adventure and Modern.

I guess they could also be referred to by the name of the artist who introduced each look. So, Oshima, Uekawa and... uh, well, we'll find out, I guess.

Or if the potential redesign were accompanied by a reboot, I guess it'd be Classic/Modern in their own continuity and Reboot to refer to the new one. That'd certainly make things simpler, if nothing else.

Short answer - time will tell.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Post modern sonic clearly

5. upg

upg

Middern Sonic

6. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

The "Modern" design as we know it will probably be rebranded as the "Adventure" or "Extreme" Sonic, making whatever new design we're getting the next "Modern Sonic."

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I would be down for calling him Adventure Sonic. Seems the most fitting of anything.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Before the term "Modern" Sonic rolled around sometime between Unleashed and S4, that is what we called him. :P

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    How about we keep Modern Sonic, and call the new one Renaissance Sonic? Makes sense to me.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Eh, I consider Adventure Sonic to be his own design. He looks like Classic Sonic growing into (currently) Modern Sonic.

Why don't we call him Roger Craig Sonic? :L

11. Ocrilio

Ocrilio

King of unspellable screennames 15 years running. Member
    Sonic Adventure: Grounded
    I move to bring back 'Generic Sonic'.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ehhh voice actors aren't good for that.

Depending on today how about we just deem one or the other shit Sonic, because Modern Sonic's era has been pretty fucking spotty but this new design could outweigh that instantly.

13. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    We need to hold off on any name before we get solid info. There could be a clever pun to be made afterall.

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I still motion for Current Modern Sonic to be called Roger Craig Sonic if these redesigns are series wide, though.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I know it's from the site that should not be named, but a quick internet search for "Sonic Reboot 2014" brings up multiple sites citing a 2012 rumor originating from them involving a lot of what we fear. Disconcerting, considering this press event.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What if he's still the voice actor though that wouldn't make any sense.

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Or we could start going legacy franchise and start going by Gen 1, Gen 2, etc.

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    News and media embargoes are either contractual (and therefore don't apply to folks like you and I who didn't sign any contract) or gentlemen's agreements which, if broken, will lead to the source that broke it no longer receiving embargoed news, advance game releases, press event invitations, etc (and therefore don't apply to folks like you and I who don't get those anyway). In either case, there's nothing preventing the general public from doing what they want with embargoed information once it's leaked.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    https://twitter.com/dadarocks

"Tada.... @SEGA introduces Sonic Boom!!! If you're wondering over the years over 75 billion rings!"

"Sonic Boom will be the next generation of @sega's vision for one it's most beloved characters."

"Sonic Boom will lead to a new video game (on game stations & mobile), cartoon show, toys from Tomy."

"New character looks for sonic, knuckles, tails and amy. Sonic & Knuckles both now feature sports tape. Tails has a tool belt."

Fairly certain he has no connections to the franchise/fanbase that would prompt troll tweets, this seems to be the real deal guys.

EDIT: WHAT IS SPORTS TAPE

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Quick while there are still no pictures, to your bunkers!