don't click here

Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Andrew75, Apr 25, 2013.

Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1. YES, count me in, I would love to play this game.

261 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. I may play the game, (not sure how I feel about it yet.)

43 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Nope! Game looks like shit. I love only modern HD games.

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. f2bnp

f2bnp

My deepest condolences to you and your family Andrew. This is truly heartbreaking, I wish you the best. We will all think of you during these hard times :(.

What was the video about? Did you report it to Youtube? It is down at the moment.

2. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Hey Andrew, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. My condolences, I wish you and your family the best.

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Thx Guys. Me and the wife have been doing things to stay busy non stop, It really helps. Today I've resumed working on the Project.

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. It's absolutely awful that you and your wife had to go through that. :(

5. Dashtube

Dashtube

'Cause I find memes funny Member
    Sonic Exodus
    I'm sorry for your loss. I really commend you for staying strong at such an extremely harsh time.

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  7. synchronizer

synchronizer

That looks very appealing, but considering that this is a low resolution/retro graphics project, I would have thought that you'd implement circle drop shadows. What made you go in the other direction? I'm just curious.

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    These types of shadows were used in the original game as well. ( although AXSX's shadow shrinks as sonic jumps higher, and also bends between angled ramps)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAv-gNaBn_w

9. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    currently Re-building this area again to work with the current engine.
    [​IMG]

10. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    good work as always :-)

11. Scorched Dreamer

Scorched Dreamer

Tudd Member
    Linz, Austria
    Pier Pressure [Headcannon]
    I'm soooo happy about this project. It's still the thing I've been the most hyped for in well... ever! (among with Kirby Triple Deluxe :v:/> )
    Whenever I see you updating anything on it I'm so happy. I'm way too excited for it, I can't wait to see it done. I'll be looking forward to it and I'll let you know... My body IS READY!

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  13. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ8psgmZUss&feature=youtu.be

14. winterhell

winterhell

You should use bilinear/mipmapping texture filtering for the texture minification, as currently it produces aliasing far in the distance. The magnification filter should remain the same.

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Not going to happen. Its a design choice that I've made.
    Edit: Are you talking about the fisheye or shield? the fisheye is not using any magnification.

16. winterhell

winterhell

Its about the textures on the ground. When you increase the resolution or force Super Sampling from the drivers the problem reduces.
    Design choice would be to force limit the resolution to 640x480.

17. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I'm not sure I can tell just by pictures and video, but for the shadows... I remember seeing hundreds and hundreds of animation frames of Sonic at various angles, do you plan on using any of those as the sprite used for shadows to make them more accurate so to say? I often see games with 2D sprites where a shadow or reflection doesn't quite match up due to simply mirroring the sprite, as they don't have the proper reverse angle.

It probably wouldn't make a huge difference, or there might be a general lack of 360 poses for certain animations, or it might just not fit your vision, but I thought I'd ask at least.

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    There aren't enough sprites to do something like that.
    What we're doing here is instancing the Current sonic sprite that is on screen (as a clone), making it black , than adding transparencies.
    It's applied to a flat plane model that aligns to the ground. ( err but with stencil that is projected, not really a plane model, hmmm...the stencil caster is like a flat plane model)
    ( does that make any since?)

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    I didn't release a playable level at this year's SAGE because there are some glitches that I would like to have worked out first.
    So instead, I did a live play threw of test areas and unfinished levels (bugs and all).
    Also, the test areas you see here were put together to test and develop game-play ideas that I wanted to see make it into X-treme. (you'll see lots of what I like to call F-loops (part of the sphere like ramps) I didn't run around these in the video much, they are there to make sure gimmicks work from all angles when world is in both rotate and non rotate mode)

Sucks that the sound got all screwed up because of the streaming software !
    (forgot to uncheck something)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHEjx7-BjpQ

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I'm getting more and more excited for this with each bit of new footage. Lookin' good man!