don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    I've been trying to get the PC version working on an Eyefinity setup (~5760x1080) but I've encountered an odd issue. I'm aware that it's unlikely the game was built for more than one display, however, it's impossible to even get past the opening because the video freezes. It jumps between the last two frames as the menus continue working behind it, in addition to playing extremely slowly beforehand (I assume because it's blown it up to ~6x size). This is even there upon starting a race - no visuals, just the flickering image of whenever I decided to skip the intro, and waiting until the end without skipping doesn't work either.

Is there any potential fix for this? Despite the stretched HUD, I'm interested to see if an ultra-wide experience will make the game even more thrilling.

2. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    So is anyone else bummed out on forced auto acceleration? I mean I get it makes the game more accessible to kids and such, but COME ON. Being able to control gas and brake should be a basic function of any racing game.

Ridge Racer Slipstream is a good example of how to layout pedals and steering (for non tilt controls) on the screen.

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You only have two thumbs and there's no triggers on a phone. I can't imagine how they'd fit an accelerate button into the control scheme when it's already awkward enough trying to use an item mid-drift.

You can brake or reverse, though. Just hold the drift button without holding a direction on the stick.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I suppose the only way to do an accelerate button would be to map it to the control stick. But that would make it really hard to not turn when you want to go straight, especially when drifting. And flight is hard enough with the touch controls as it is. I can rarely move in just the direction I want, and always go up/down or left/right when I don't mean to. So no, not bummed out by the lack of an accelerate button. They've managed it the best way they possibly could. The original ASR on mobile worked the same way.

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Oh yeah, there's an item button and a "drift" button.

[​IMG]

But here is how it could work. You could put the use item button in place of nitro...but I guess the drifting mechanics would have to change too.

6. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Most of the time, I don't mind auto-acceleration. But when I fuck up, it makes it a tremendous pain to get off of walls.

edit: My phone (Galaxy s3) is downloading an update for the game this very moment. 857MB, which is understandable if the update includes REPLACING THE ENTIRE GAME. I can't wait to see what's changed that needed such a big update. Hopefully they've at least fixed HUD issues.

edit: Nope, now the game just crashes my phone before I reach title screen. Could be Cyanogenmod, but since no other game does this to me, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's just a really bad port.

7. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    the most amusing thing about this is that even for all its flaws thus far its still a better port of the game than the 3ds version

8. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    I haven't played anything else other than World Tour right now, though I really hate how the all-star move is right above the drift button. I've already spent a few stars on it activating it on accident. :specialed:

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

S0L said on SSMB that he'd not encountered this himself, but noted that lots of people had already mentioned it and that it'd be looked into for the next update.

10. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    This game received an 81.8MB update on Steam today. I'm guessing it might be the addition of Ryo, but I wouldn't know as I haven't unlocked all the other characters yet.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Not really a Shenmue fan (only because I haven't played them) so I don't have much to say. I just hope we get some other characters from the poll. Particularly ones that weren't in the first game already

13. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    bought :)

14. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPh9yNFxHA[/youtube]

Lets immediately upload footage of Ryo on the internet! I am the best Lets Player of all time! Please give me money!

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Ryo
    >Saturn mod

Come on, S0L. Really? With all the attention to detail the character has, THAT'S the one thing you all mess up? You're better than this.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUe9ASlu9Us

:v:

17. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    The only thing that upset me about Ryo is that his all-star is ANOTHER AoE attack. We could have had forklift missiles. Missed opportunity, SUMO. :colbert:

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    >All-Star move is forklifts

Bravo. =P

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    This does not help me find sailors.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I know it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping he would get an additional track as well. At least Sumo priced the character a lot more fairly than I was expecting, especially after the Yogcast DLC release. Here's hoping it sells enough to keep going down the fan poll list.