don't click here

The Sonic Unleashed Love Affair

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Laura, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >I think it's important that the fanbase comes to terms with Unleashed's serious flaws

For the love of... this has been done for nearly SIX YEARS now. You've done NOTHING but sum up the last six years of criticism the game has gotten, in almost every facet of its discussion. Let the people enjoy their game since they clearly do knowing its flaws.

Like. Sonic. Adventure. 2! :v:

Just because you like something doesn't mean you don't acknowledge flaws. People are more likely to talk about the good of things they like than the bad. That doesn't mean they don't acknowledge it. Six years, people have had the chance to point out every flaw the game has, but its lasting legacy on the series almost negates all of that.

If you still can't accept that and want to keep pushing some sort of agenda (you're totally trying to change opinion despite saying you're not. Don't even try to kid yourself), then I have nothing left to say to you.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I've written out like 5 replies and haven't been happy with any of them, but to add onto this:

Some Unleashed fans (like myself) also like the overall presentation of the game. There's just this atmosphere to it that I personally can't quite put my finger on. The visuals are great. The music is fantastic. The NPCs are characters you can actually slightly care about for a change. The story was genuinely enjoyable for the first time since SA2 or Heroes, depending on the individual. The tone in general was just admirable and there's this spirit the game had that none of the subsequent titles since then have had.

I haven't seen anyone trying to force these views on anyone, period. People who like Unleashed get that it's a polarizing game with flaws, I have not seen anyone say the game is exactly what Sonic needs to be.

EDIT: Also
    "Let's end the Sonic Unleashed Love Affair."

At this point I read your entire post like a political speech and just got really confused about what you're trying to communicate here. You say it's fine to like the game, but we should end the "Love Affair"? I mean...what? This stuff's been pretty settled for like 5 years now.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I like Sonic Adventure 2, yet on the Sonic Show I named it the #1 Sonic Game People Love That's Really Terrible. How could I do such a thing to a game I enjoy?

I like Sonic Unleashed, yet it had noticeable problems. How can I possibly enjoy such a game when it has all these problems (Problems that were fixed in Sonic Generations, making this argument silly in the first place)?

Liking something doesn't mean ignoring its flaws.

+ - sage  

4. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Sonic Unleashed's heightened praises are probably a reaction to how mercilessly it was shit on by the gaming community. Look I can agree it's a flawed game but you had publications saying it was worse than Sonic 06, which is confounding to say the least.

Buried beneath the busywork of the Werehog and medal collecting is IMO the best representation of Sonic in 3D yet and it at least gets a gold star from me for that. Colors and Generations are much better overall packages but the exhilaration of the daytime stages is unmatched.

Incidentally I just picked up the PS3 version of Unleashed and I can't wait to play through it again. I did like the hub world missions for how they established a fun universe and sense of continuity that Sonic Adventure lacked and Sonic 06 clearly tried to have (but failed miserably).

5. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I still think unleashed should've been sonic and knuckles 2 [​IMG]
    also the wii/ps2 versions were pretty decent and got rid of a lot of the stupid stuff like medals being required for progress and uselessly huge hubworlds. not perfect but still better

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    STOP LIKING SONIC UNLEASHED IT'S STUPID AND BAD AND IF I JUST WRITE CERTAIN WORDS A CERTAIN WAY SURELY YOU WILL SEE THAT IT'S STUPID AND BAD AND STOP HAVING FUN WITH IT

p.s. the adventure games are far worse than unleashed could ever be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.