don't click here

Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by D.A. Garden, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

the special stage was used as a tie breaker.

and someone mentioned a shortcut in chemical plant zone a little earlier. I looked it up on youtube and man I'm shocked, I never even knew that was there. it's so exciting to see stuff you didn't know existed in a game you've played hundreds of times over the past 20 years.

2. So I'm wanting to pick this up but I'm pretty resistant to touch screen controls.

What would be my best Bluetooth controller option for an iPhone 4 / iPad Air without jailbreaking? SEGA doesn't seem to have listed what's compatible anywhere.

EDIT: I just realised I posted this in the wrong thread. The joys of tabbed browsing. Whoops.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Here's a very serious suggestion:

Score Attack mode. For each level and for the whole game(s).

These games deserve their modern version of hi-score tables, as they were built with different ways of getting higher scores if you try (bouncing on many badniks in succession, but fast enough for the Time Bonus, but carefully enough for a better Ring Bonus).

4. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    1. Kill any enemy
    2. Get a 1-Up
    3. Die
    Congratulations, you just made the whole ordeal pointless.

It *could* work if you made it level-by-level and voided any attempt where the player dies, but you can see why they never gave score any real focus in these games. They tried with rings and the Perfect Bonus, but then stuff like buried rings and mutually exclusive paths kinda threw a wrench in that as well and it was gone by Sonic 3.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It could be done so you must beat the selected level with just one life, like Time Attack. That would turn the full-game Score Attack into an endurance mode of sorts.

Man, I would really buy that as DLC for each of the three games...

EDIT: Alternatively, the Time Attack mode could be renamed to a more generic "Challenge Mode" or something, and make it keep track of both time and score.

EDIT 2: Speaking of the Perfect Bonus, it could be added to Sonic 3 by only taking into account those rings in the officially designated paths for each character...

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I dunno. Is that really feasible? In S2 it's effort enough to get all the rings on any level outside of Emerald Hill, but with S3 the levels are just so huge and tiered that it's probably too much. I can't beging to imagine drudging myself through the entirety of somewhere like Launch Base for the sake of grabbing every last ring. It's a feature that would get the teeniest amount use.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Further, I dislike the idea of the "officially designated path" for challenges such as these.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    What is there to dislike about that? Sonic can't smash certain walls, so rings in those paths shouldn't count towards his perfect bonus...

9. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It's compatible with anything that supports iCade mode. The iControlPad is a good one if you can find it.

10. Why would there be a "perfect bonus" for a score attack mode? And if there was a path that you have to take to get this bonus, why would you try to differ from the norm then? It'd then just be "time attack but you have to go a certain way" because then time is the only differing factor in obtaining more points.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I didn't even mention the Perfect Bonus when talking about a hypotetical Score Attack mode, dude...

And, in any case, I meant removing the requirement of getting those rings the character can't get no matter how, due to his abilities. I really don't get the hate.

12. Sorry, it was just the way it was worded in one of your posts.

13. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    At the end of Wing Fortress Zone during the cutscene when Sonic jumps off the tornado onto Eggman's ship, instead of grabbing on to it, he just jumped to his death. And then when I restarted at the checkpoint the sky was scrolling really fast.

So yeah, I died during a cutscene which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen. If it matters, I was Super Sonic at the time, and I'm playing on an iPhone 5C.

Also on the save screen, Sonic's icon is still in his Sonic 1 palette, which I'm assuming is a Sonic 1 iOS leftover.

14. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    That happens in the regular S2 as well.

I forget what causes it, it may be SS, but it's happened to without too, so I dunno.

15. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    One thing that bugs me a little relates to the spindash, and I'm nore sure if it's been mentioned here yet. In the original games, continuously reving up the spindash causes the pitch to increase with each rev up to a certain point, but in both this and Sonic 1's rerelease, the spindash's pitch is consistant no matter how many times you rev it. Was there a reason as to why this was changed?

Also, on the Android version at least, if you land on the platform that activates the Wing Fortress cutscene after beating the boss after falling out of a glide as Knuckles, the game freaks out and repeatedly plays the landing sound until Knuckles moves.

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I had an instance earlier in Aquatic Ruins as tails where I flew out of the water and a fish chased me into the air and flew off in a straight line.

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Might be a glitch, but if you ask me...
    That's just the jet-fish, dog. Deployed by the US Marines in the '40s, these jet-powered mechanical fish were designed to seek out and detonate underwater minefields. A pack of them were set loose in Aquatic Ruin Zone sometime in '53, but they never found anything. Over the decades they adapted to life underwater, developing an AI that allows them to break down living creatures in a furnace-like "stomach" for power. The one you found most likely felt some sort of magnetic charge from Tails, possibly due to his mechanical experience, and went haywire in an attempt to hunt him down.

18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Another one I just found is that in the boss arena in Hill Top Zone, the side walls don't have any collision and you can walk right through them to your death.

19. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    Yes, right platform side is not solid, I died in bottomless pit like five or six times while trying to speedrun boss attack :(
    (my message is kinda useless now when I'm thinking about it)

20. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    D.A. Garden mentioned this already, but here's a video of Tails flying over the ARZ boss.
    [youtube]http://youtu.be/EKajtfN7OMs?t=44s[/youtube]