don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Hmm in this situation what is the best setup for wireless gaming controllers? Xbox 360 controllers don't work with every game or emulator and the time I tried to buy a USB wireless receiver for my PC, the Xbox 360 controller wouldn't sync up and I had to get a refund.

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I use an official USB wireless receiver for 360 controllers. Most newer games support them natively, and a lot of them even automatically change the layout descriptions to match. For 2D and retro games, I use a wired USB Saturn controller. This meant I was constantly switching controllers when I played Sonic Generations, and it was AWESOME. xD

3. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Ooh I think I might go with one of these:

My link

4. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    You guys managed to surpass each and every of my expectations. I spent half of my day just running around the Hidden Palace and staring at everything. It felt exactly as when I was six years old when a friend of mine brought his Genesis to me and I was playing Sonic 2 without a single break five or six hours in a row. Thank you, it's the best Christmas present I've ever needed. You are the best.

About "playing on TV". I used DualShock 3 + "Sixaxis" app to play wirelessly + HDMI connection from Samsung Note 2 Dock to the a big TV in living room. It was beautiful.

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Well I'll be damned.

6. nesboy43

nesboy43

I can't find information about the Sonic 1 rerelease on the wiki so thought I'd ask here. Did the recent Sonic 1 rerelease get ported to any platforms that weren't iOS or Android?

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Nope. Releases on other platforms aren't ruled out entirely but nothing concrete yet.

8. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    So after watching the video with the Android version's ending I now realize that the iOS version is missing + - the wrecked Death Egg Robot in the backdrop. Other than that I love the homage to the US Sonic 3 Boxart.  

Also the wheel looking presses in Metropolis were acting strange, I got crushed under one but it didn't kill me. Taking it as a fluke I never attempted it again but it might have only been the first one in Act 1.

Overall it was a wonderful little game. Great work.

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Just beat the game with all 7 emeralds + HPZ. Got the early bird achievement by getting the emeralds in emerald hill.

Overall, a wonderful update. Perhaps not as many new additions as in sonic 1, but the new tidbid we did get was superb. Yes, the design style is clearly different, but I like HPZ well enough. Makes me even more sad Sega never let you add Desert Dazzle and the final boss for CD. But alas, I can get behind a new StealthTax game 100%.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    wat? New enemies, new boss, new art...

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That can just be summed up by saying "1 new zone".

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    HPZ is amazing, but I find the inclusion of (Flying) Tails and Knuckles in s1, super abilities for all 3, a new special stage, and extra paths to be truly remarkable and far more expansive compared to what s1 originally was. S2 gets those features too, but we already had at least some of them.

Still, no doubt, this is the best version and all those amazing things also made it in. I guess I just found the additions to s1 to be more shocking. I expected them this time and had a feeling we'd get something like HPZ.

Either way, the perfect s2 port. By comparison, s3&K will be utterly boring because the only feature you can add to a remaster is widescreen! All the best stuff is already there (hence why the game is already so perfect).

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, comparatively there's less new content to S2 than S1. Especially since Knuckles was already playable in the game before, the biggest additions are HPZ and Tails w/flight. But the additions are fantastic nonetheless. And the new features were more to be expected, too. I have to wonder what the now inevitable S3K remake will include. It's not got lost levels, and all the past remakes have just brought the game in-line with it. Will it be the vanilla game remade with even fewer new things (read: most certainly not a bad thing, and will still be absolutely amazing regardless) or will the boat get pushed out yet again?

It's too early to speculate. All that really matters is that it now seems as though it will be getting made.

14. I'm actually alright with blue stacks, though my main issue with the new version of blue stacks is this
    [​IMG]

This black bar will not go away, I want it gone. I'm also playing on my Samsung behold 2 as well which runs it about 99.9% perfect (some slowdown for a brief moment). Other than that I'm enjoying this a lot....though I'd like to keep playing in blue stacks without that annoying black bar in the new beta.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So its confirmed Wood Zone wasn't able to make it right?!

Oh well, Maybe in the console exclusive release?! :D (Doubt it but heres to dreamin!).

Cheers TaxStealth!! you have certainly made a name for yourselves now.

EDIT: Yeah fandumb question but is Ashura in too??

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Sort of. :v:

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I laughed about that when I saw a gameplay video of Hidden Palace.

18. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Really love this port!! Is it me or the music in this version sounds much richer? I am in Chemical Plant Zone atm and it seems like the music is much more lively and has much more "sounds" and elements etc. Like Chemical Plant sounds much more awesome now, I can hear some other sounds I havent noticed before, the bass seems like more roary. Maybe it was in other Sonic 2 too, but I can't remember I paid attension to it.

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Been playing random online matchups for a few hours. My god, people are HORRIBLE at Sonic 2. I didn't get beaten once! Though I did have a few good games. But whenever someone picked Tails, I knew I was in for an easy time. Inexperienced players seemed to like his ability to avoid the oh-so-difficult platforming sections by flying over them. I also never had anyone make it through Mystic Cave WITHOUT getting a Game Over. xD

20. Is the pit with spikes intact for multiplayer?