don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Because nothing quite says "Sega 3D Classics" than a game developed and published by Konami.

2. Machenstein

Machenstein

To be fair, Konami was one of the few developers that made anything worthwhile for the Genesis. It'd be nice to see Konami's Genesis games get more exposure, whether it'd be Contra Hard Corps or Castlevania Bloodlines.

3. Vangar

Vangar

I think S3+Knuckles in 3D would be amazing. Too bad there's probably too much work in that to ever be done.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Ironically, Sonic 3D Blast wouldn't work well in 3D at all!

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Beat Sonic 1 3D yesterday. Keep in mind that I can't play Taxman and Stealth's version, but that was the most fun I've had with Sonic 1 in ages. I think the 3D really adds a lot to it, it felt like I was playing it for the first time. Very fond of how that turned out, pretty neat.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think they could make it work with some effort. It would be the next step after the Streets of Rage port, which has a similar setup of z-axis moving sprites, only with static backgrounds (they'll probably not even consider it if they can't do Streets of Rage 2, though).

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Actually Sonic 3D Blast could be pretty easy if they had access to the original assets (and there's some sense to the level design - I.e. it doesn't look like this).

but it's not going to happen (probably because they won't have the assets). Far too much work for a game like that. I mean, all the cutscenes would need to be re-rendered.

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  9. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    This is the arcade version here.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Thank god, y'all had me scared there for a bit

11. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    How cool would it be if they had the version of the After Burner song with the melody in this game? Wishful thinking, I know, seeing as that was, AFAIK just a CD release and there was never a version of ABII with that. But still!

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's coming out that soon in Japan? I dunno, I think we may see it a lot sooner than Q4 2014.

13. Late to the party, but I downloaded Space Harrier. Perfection-- and I'm sure this is just me, but I was never a big fan of the 3D. I played with it turned off 95% of the time because I felt like I was losing visual fidelity at the expense of a gimmick that wasn't interesting to me. For whatever reason, Space Harrier is selling me on 3D on 3DS-- it still looks relatively crisp, colorful, and seeing everything rushing at me through the 3D trickery really does add to the game. Well done, M2.

14. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D

15. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    These M2 ports are pretty thorough - I hadn't noticed the wealth of options when they were first announcing them, and now I actually care they exist. This looks like it has the original After Burner as well as After Burner II, which is good if you like confusing arcade flying games that arguably haven't stood the test of time too well.

I'm guessing this also means that Galaxy Force II one also has the original Galaxy Force - a game we know surprisingly little about because it's not currently emulated. OoooOOoo.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Glorious.

17. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    The Saturn port has the option to change to the melody versions in a secret menu, IIRC.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  19. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Shows what I know, eh? Still, I'll hold onto hope that it has the song.

EDIT: Disregard, I suck cocks. Glad it has the song then.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-