don't click here

Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skaarg, May 17, 2013.

1. corneliab

corneliab

...no it doesn't? I just downloaded the update and the instashield still does zilch here.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It worked for me even pre-patch, so.....?

I will double check later.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Why won't my game save? Everything worked fine before, then I reset my phone. Since redownloading Sonic 1, it won't ever save.

4. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    You're probably missing the folders the game expects to be able to store its save data in since resetting the phone. It should be something like "mnt/Android/Data/" IIRC.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I have that folder, but its in mnt/sdcard/Android/data. Then it goes com.sega.sonic1/files/sgame.bin. Should I try deleting this folder? Cause uninstalling and redownloading doesn't help.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Something else. The Labyrinth blocks and the Switches don't seem to have the same width in their collision boxes, leading to this situation:
    [​IMG]

This area in Labyrinth required the player to accurately aim Sonic towards the top of the switch from the nearby spring, but due to this he'll just be able to stand right there if he misses.

Also, regarding the screen orientation, this is how screenshots really look like, when taken:
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Which version are you using? It certainly works in the Android port.

7. corneliab

corneliab

Well it doesn't in the iOS version- I know this for a fact.

Someone back me up here.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I just tested again the pre-patched android version and the instashield works as it should.

9. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Hey is there any news of a port of this version to the PSN, XBLA or PC?

Im willing to buy a copy on each system.

10. Montblanc

Montblanc

Since the update of the Android version, the game runs a bit weird for me (Samsung S3). It looks like the game runs with frameskip and the image isn't smooth sometimes (for example, is very noticeable inside the loopings of GHZ). I don't remember this with the previous version.

Anyone knows if the save is lost if you install the previous version over the new with the .apk?

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    (Now in the correct thread)

Something I forgot to mention:

• In Green Hill 2, I got the speed shoes effect to wear out just when the score tally begun, which made the level tune play instead. The end of level tune should always take preference.

EDIT: Also, regarding the the Motobug:

-It doesn't show his "extended arms" frame when it stops before turning around. Right now, it stays in whatever frame that was being used.

-That "extended arms" frame was positioned one pixel above in the original, giving a more bouncy effect to his body and wheel.

-The puff of smoke is missing the last one of its three animation frames. The smoke animation should be:
    • Frame 1
    • -
    • Frame 1
    • -
    • Frame 2
    • -
    • Frame 2
    • -
    • Frame 2 (next puff of smoke appears)
    • -
    • Frame 3

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Bug bump:

-You can die with one ring in your possession, if you get it exactly at the same time you're getting hit (the ring will turn into the usual sparkle and you'll see it added to the counter while the dying animation plays).

Happened to me when trying to traverse the first bridge in Green Hill 2 by gliding as Knuckles.

13. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    I got a problem with the game. Since I trashed my Samsung Galaxy Note II because my hands are suited only for holding a bottle of vodka, I bought myself Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900 version) and despite it being one of the top smartphones right now in terms of processing power, on this device Sonic 1 have constant fps lags. They are occurring only while inside the actual game and feels like I'm playing Sonic 2 multiplayer, so much it hurts in terms of framerate. Sonic CD (and most of the games) at the same time is running absolutely, buttery smooth 60FPS. Is there anything I can do?

And sorry for the bump, but it really bugs me :(

14. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    For what it's worth, it's fine on my N9005 Note 3, even if I accidentally leave Power Saving enabled, which slowed things down a treat on the Note 2.

15. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    N900 and N9005 have different CPU and GPU as I remember:

Note 3 / Note 3 LTE
    Samsung Exynos 5420 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
    Mali-T628 MP6 / Adreno 330

I will re-install Sonic 1 and try to record a video, but I think you all can understand what I mean :(
    And yeah, my first thought was to turn off Power Saving but it was already off.

16. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    Yeah, you're certainly right about the different specs, and I dare say that does make a difference, but at least I guess it rules out some kind of common software fault?

My Note 3 seems so far superior to my old Note 2 power-wise that I assumed that would be true of both versions, but maybe that's not the case - I do remember reading that the N9005 should be a bit snappier.

17. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    Solved.
    Apparently you have to force 2D GPU rendering in Developer Options to make game run smooth. It's kinda… not obvious.

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So I've been playing the Sonic the Hedgehog 2013 Remake, Version 2.0.4, on my phone (not sure if it updates automatically to 2.0.5 or if I need to go fetch it from the Google Shop myself) and I noticed an odd bug that I don't know if it has been brought up yet: when you enter a Special Stage in an Act, Exit the save, go back in and exit the Special Stage through GOAL or Chaos Emerald, the game will skip you over the next Act. It works on both Act One and Two as well, so you could go through the game without encountering a boss outside the Final Boss if you tried hard enough.

Here's a video of the bug I made to show it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7gin7adi4

19. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    So that's what it was! I've experienced the same thing, somehow I skipped StarLight Zone Act 3 once I've left the special stage, and I wasn't too sure about what caused it.

Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

20. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Ahhh, so I didn't imagine skipping over Spring Yard zone's 3rd act after getting the chaos emerald in act 2, and jumping right into Labyrinth Zone... 0___o