don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Seems to have a little trouble running on my tablet too. But I played a good 20 minutes or so of the game. It gets rather unfair pretty quickly. Its kind of funny that its more unfair than Jump.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I don't know what's going on with ads for this game. I bought it back when it wasn't free, and haven't seen a single ad. However, I know some people who did pay for the game have had to see them, as well as others who got it after it went free. So yeah... weird.

I've never used any micro-transactions in the game either, ftr.

3. Nova

Nova

Can you pay to disable the advertisements via a one-off fee or something like that? I do like the look of this game so if there is a way to play it ad-free, I'd likely take it.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As far as I know, no. There's an option to watch videos in order to get given free rings (a measly 100 a pop) but that's all.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually according to their twitter posts about 6 hours ago, not only do adverts not show up as much but they said you can remove them completely if you buy "select bundles or items from the shop." What items I'm not sure but I'm sure they specify.

6. ...I don't think I've ever gotten an ad in the game, except when deliberately watching one for them 100 rings. What's the deal with that?

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Still no ads for me either :>

Also the game just got an update.

Edit: Hepa derp, I probably have no ads because I have AdBlock Plus installed. Also the update I got was for the android version, seems to have made it run worse.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

iOS version? Yeah, it finally gives Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Amy unique trick animations, rather than the same old incredibly stiff ones they've shared since release. A previous update also gave them auras of their own colour, instead of al being blue like Sonic.

9. Nova

Nova

Had a few ads this morning but I'm enjoying the game - miles better than Jump, in any case. I'll probably be getting a small bundle of Red Star Rings just to remove the ads, to be honest.

Oh and if you unlock Shadow first, you're doing it wrong. :v:

(Glorious Blaze master race)

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I don't know if it's because mine is a pirate install, or why it is really my device blacklisted, but I never got any ad on my game. And it runs just fine, it only has some slowdowns when jumping from one island to another and it loads. I'ts fully playable and enjoyable

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Are you online or offline? Ads won't show if you're not playing online, but that applies to any and all games.

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    I'm online, tried both 3G and regular Wi-Fi. Not an ad in sight, ever. I think that's why hardlight has my phone blacklisted lol

13. Nova

Nova

Do you have any anti-virus or AdBlock programs on your device? A lot of anti-virus programs include ad-blockers as part of their feature set.

Meanwhile I have no ads because I bought the £4.99 Red Star Ring bundarru. I wasn't really too fussed about them, I just fucking hate ads - and I got Blaze. :v:

14. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I got the Double Rings one myself to stop the ads XD

15. Nova

Nova

>not getting red star rings to become part of glorious blaze master race

shiggle doogle shangle doobie day

In all seriousness, I can't seem to break 100,000. :< Do I suck or is it actually difficult?

16. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

Get on my level.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's all about that multiplier/not boosting (My multiplier is at 20x right now, which goes up to 40 if you have a full boost bar).

18. Nova

Nova

How the fuck-

o ok

19. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    I have AVG antivirus so I guess that must be it

20. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

wait so you just gotta make an in game purchase to stop the ads? cause I'm getting pissed, I paid for the game when it first came out, I've purchased red rings to buy knuckles, as well as the double ring thingy, but when I got a new iphone, I lost all my characters, upgrades, basically everything but my double ring and I cant even navigate the menu without getting a video ad or two.