don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    How poetic, Metal, but I get what you mean.

2. Machenstein

Machenstein

While we're still on the topic of Nintendo, there's still going to be that third game from the exclusivity deal. Even if Lost World ends up selling poorly, I'm sure Sochi 2014 will sell like the previous Mario & Sonic games and further reenforce the partnership between Sega and Nintendo. As for the third unannounced title, it's a complete mystery at the moment. It could just be Sonic in Smash Bros., but if that were so, someone at Sega would have said so by now. I doubt it's another All-Stars Racing title since those are usually multi-platform. Maybe it's a Mario & Sonic kart racer, who knows.

My guess? If the development team responsible for Colors did Sonic Lost World, then it's possible there's another 3D title on the line from the Unleashed and Generations team. That's assuming there are two different teams working on the 3D games.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So far, M&S 2014 is the worst selling in the series and is actually doing worse than SLW (at least in the UK). SEGA also confirmed that Smash Bros. doesn't count as the third game.

4. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Imagine the third game is Sonic 4 Episode 3 hehehehe, even though it's not, but IMAGINEEEE!

Of course Smash Bros. doesn't count. Smash Bros isn't a title game for any character, even Mario, it's just a cameo game of characters that have had or still have their own games.

But I'm willing to bet the third game is going to be sub-par based on what these two have shown us.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sonic U Riders with gyro controls and no option for other controllers. The Babylon Rogues return in yet another attempt to beat Sonic and pals in a series of hover board races wrapped up in a thin plot about some ancient civilization. This time around Sonic and his colorful animal friends can use super gravity power to slow down time all around them for the whole race to give you better control over them with the Nintendo WiiU Gamepad. Compete in tons of missions consisting of "Collect X number of rings" or "Go through X number of checkpoints backwards" to unlock another nearly impossible to use Super Sonic. Unlock extra Sonic and SEGA characters like Omochao, Pudding, and the cat from Chu Chu Rocket. Six of the game's fourteen courses will be available to play with your friends online in one-on-one or four-player races. Coming next summer!

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Can we just get sonic generations 2?

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Please don't do this, Dark Sonic. You'll start another Sonic Adventure 3-type thing.

8. Machenstein

Machenstein

Forget the Mario & Sonic kart racer, this is the most likely scenario. Reality can be so cruel.

9. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I don't think people will care but the Sonic Lost World demo is finally out in the US (nothing in EU).

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    hahaha fair enough. :specialed:

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Apparently a demo is on the Wii U e-shop!

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Anything for 3DS store?

13. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    Yup, looks like it's up on 3DS too.

Welp, lets see how bad this is. :specialed:

14. If it's the first level you'll be easily fooled into thinking it's a good game, trust me

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    100% Agreed.

16. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    It's just the tutorial stage plus the first zone for Windy Hill.

Meh, will just stick with the Wii U version for now.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mdumxq439I

And they probably thought that no one was going to pull it off. But just like Generations, Colors, and Unleashed before us, it is possible to be 3D in a 2D section.

To be fair though the system they used for this game is much more fool proof than the last one. In this game you have to be some sort of a ninja to pull this kind of stuff off.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Leave it to The Brotherhood to destroy a Sonic game again. I love it when they do this stuff.

19. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    This video has reaffirmed my dislike for the animation in this game. That falling animation (for Sonic) looks terrible. It looks like something you'd see out of a poorly animated BlitzSonic mod. But Sonic Team has professionals doing this (... probably). The people who made the poorly animated BlitzSonic mods surely aren't professionals, so they at least have an excuse.

But maybe I'm just really picky. Does anybody else feel my pain in this regard?

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Falling animation? What do you mean the classic death pose? If so I think that's an intentional homage to how cheesy the Genesis death pose looks.

But they were lazy with the animations in this game. I mean look at Super Sonic. Jesus Christ it doesn't get any lazier. I mean, in Sonic Colors a lot of Super's poses were just Sonic's but at least the eyes and the spikes were right. Also he didn't have two mouths. Sonic himself though, I kind of like the animations. I do miss the Unleashed/Colors/Generations jump effect though. I thought that was a nice evolution to the classic ball form. This just goes full ball.

This game definitely screams Colors team though, which actually gives me hope for the next game if they do in fact have teams. IIRC Colors was made by a lot of the people who worked on the Storybook games. Granted both these games are a significant turn around from those, but are no where near as nice as Generations or Unleashed at it's finest.

Actually I have a question regarding this game. Does it still use the Hedgehog engine? I can't tell due to the unrealistic environments.