don't click here

New info on MJ involvement?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by serpx, Oct 4, 2013.

1. For the guy who said MJ had nothing to do with the Act 2 remixes, you're right. I know for a fact Masayuki Nagao did the Lava Reef and Hydrocity Act 2 arrangements. (I know Lava Reef isn't MJ but still proves a point) I could go more into detail, but I've already gotten in trouble on this board for revealing info from MJ's camp before. (it's no major info, just tidbits. most of you probably know them already)

As for the Japanese side, Setsumaru and Nagao have told me a lot of interesting nuggets regarding their roles. Setsumaru told me it was an honor to work with MJ (I don't think he met him personally though, since MJ and his team were working out of LA at the time. But wasn't it said somewhere that MJ made a trip to Sega's HQ in Tokyo or am I thinking of STI?) Nagao told me that he believes that "Cube" in the credits were Masanori Hikichi and Miyoko Takaoka. Also, Setsumaru and Nagao were the main ones responsible for programming the songs into the game, using a PC-98. Setsu also said the sound driver for S3+K was programmed solely by Yoshiaki Kashima.

As for the anonymous source the video contacted, I'm inclined to believe it's Hisaki Nimiya... He was credited as the "Sound Project Coordinator" and has been credited as an "English Coordinator" in other games. I'm positive this source was nobody from MJ's side, and it seems like they are fluent in English, so who else could it be?

PS. I'm positive Cirocco has all the old demos MJ recorded, but he won't speak about them because of the messy legal situation (especially since MJ's estate would come after him too since he doesn't own the rights either!)

2. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    I was wondering if you was gonna show up. :v: Anyhow, are you certain he does? Roger Hector said SoJ locked all of MJ's masters away somewhere. That being said though, if Cirocco and SoJ both have copies of the demos, who's to say MJ didn't have a copy of the original masters also? If he used the ending theme from S3 as a basis for "Stranger In Moscow," he may have based it directly off one of the demo tapes for the game. Same can potentially be said for some tracks on the HIStory album.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    A long time ago (March 2006), before Cirocco's name was plastered everywhere, no doubt leading to him being harassed by countless MJ/Sonic fans, WiteoutKing was in the process of emailing him. I was too busy at the time to really follow this up, and unfortunately the lead went cold. I actually PM'd Dissident93 the details of these conversations before, and eventually I may put them up in their entirity publicly, for now here's the key email.

Very unfortunate we haven't got to hear them.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That one sounds like MegaMan music. Not that that's a bad thing though.

5. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    A very intriguing video on the subject. But like many other people here, I am still unsatisfied that the debate has concluded. Until we know exactly what material MJ himself contributed, it's still a topic that can be discussed upon. The sound team should know what music belongs to who, but of course there is something behind the scenes stopping this information from being revealed.

The below list, mentioned earlier in the thread, is also what I believe to be MJ-related music, either from direct contribution, or music from his sound team.

Carnival Night Act 1 & 2
    Ice Cap Act 1 & 2
    Launch Base Act 1 & 2
    Competition Menu
    Knuckles Theme
    Act 1 Boss
    Credits

I am confident the truth will come out in the end.

6. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Wait 75 years at the most. If it takes that long and you're still alive you might know then. It's called evilrights for a greedy reason copyright for a reason. :specialed: *shot*

EDIT: And at the risk of getting tied to a stick and burned like a witch, this may never be known. Especially if everyone ends up dead and someone of the estate is intent at keeping it a secret by destroying the tapes in a nice bonfire. Truth hurts. You can only guess and get from information the people involved if their willing to talk at all. Good luck getting your hands on his demoes or other proof. I want to know myself. But it's just one of those things. The source wanted to remain unknown in the video because the source is afraid of getting the book thrown at them by lawyers and a family that wants to profit off his name as much as possible because they got nothing else going for them. Also no SEGA employee is willing to tell the full truth because they don't want their console to look bad. There is too much wrong with this picture. It's messed up that's for sure.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, I don't think we're ever going to get any new info or any kind of solid proof... unless somebody releases it anonymously, of course.

8. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I don't think anybody believes an anonymous source :P

9. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I'm pretty sure everyone would believe an anonymous source that came forth with MJ's original demos.

10. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Speaking of Anonymous... :P Kidding. Although that always an idea for them!!

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    An anonymous source, through any of the people from here who have been in contact with many related sources, of course.

12. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    That is not so anonymous anymore then.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, the leaks could still come from any of the people we know they've contacted, or from any other secret contacts they haven't even mentioned.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    via Mercury via Hinchy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8#t=33

Hasn't Brad Buxer been saying that this is MJ's track and he just worked on it all this time? Was he even responsible for composing this track when he was with The Jetzons? Could this be a source of the copyright issues?

Hey I'm not a researcher. I just want you researchers to talk about it.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Jesus Ice Cap's even more straight to a source than the credits in Sonic 3 were. That's ridiculous.

16. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    To be honest, I almost posted that video in this topic when I found it, but this is so striking that I actually assumed that people already knew about it and just shared it with some friends. But yeah, it's pretty amazing. There's no questioning that this is Ice Cap.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Wow. There's no question about this one.

18. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Holy crap, that is un-freaking-canny. So I guess Buxer composed Ice Cap Zone after all?

*brb buys song from iTunes*

19. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Sweet, now my ID3/Ape tags can be more accurite.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So...

Jun Senoue
    ---------------
    Balloon Park
    Gumball Bonus Stage
    Glowing Spheres
    Pinball Bonus Stage