don't click here

Google Images be Derpin'

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by FuzzballFox, Aug 30, 2013.

1. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    :I
    [​IMG]
    I've had it before but I forgot how to fix it.
    Doing a Google search on the issue doesn't turn up any results and clearing things like browsing history and temporary etc doesn't work either! D;

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I figured out how to fix it. :specialed:

[​IMG]

3. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Haha but seriously- it's kind of annoying because I have no idea what caused it.

4. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    You swept away the prospect of using Bing so quickly and cleanly that I'm seriously laughing my ass off over here. Wish I knew how to solve your problem as thanks, but sadly I got nothing.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You want to be clearing cookies, not history. But I use Google Images a lot and it does strange things like this from time to time - it's one of those things that can fix itself overnight or bother you until you search for something different. It's a notoriously buggy system they use (and probably one of those things that's designed to only work "properly" in Chrome)

As an aside I found myself using Yandex Images the other day (it's best not to ask why). It's exactly like Google Images was about three or four years ago - strangely refreshing. Results aren't as good though... unless you're looking for knock-off Mega Drives

6. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Thing is it was working- now it isn't~ As far as I know I've done nothing to settings and it was fine yesterday until last night..
    I appreciate the offer of another search but Google is what I've used for so long- and for it to suddenly do this is kind of frustrating...

Cleared everything...including cookies! D;

7. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    It seems to me they also use useragent detection; when using IE11 all of their new designs are broken and the site looks like it did 2-3 years ago (old style search narrowing and image searching). Using IE10 useragent gets the new designs working again.

8. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    If it's any help I'm using IE10 =/