don't click here

Kickstarter for the next Ecco?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by SiddtheKidd, Mar 25, 2013.

1. SiddtheKidd

SiddtheKidd

Streets of Fucking Rage! Member
    Sin City
    Project Neo - Deadly Metropolis
  2. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Link don't want to work since it's a not very reputable "news" site. If anything link to the kickstarter itself

Kickstarter

this has me interested. Spencer Nilson doing the music? OMG YES

3. SiddtheKidd

SiddtheKidd

Streets of Fucking Rage! Member
    Sin City
    Project Neo - Deadly Metropolis
    Link fixed, thanks bruh. I have to admit the cute fluffy kittens edit made me giggle..

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I think I would rather have an ecco 3 than this, though it does look kind of neat I guess.

5. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    ^ This.

No mention of the Vortex, am disappoint.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    >>Spencer Nilsen soundtrack

Well, shit, looks like my checking account balance has suddenly turned itself to $0

7. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Weary of this. The creature cards rewards screams "Microtransactions!" That is a good way to ruin any game for me, and only the 1000+ tier has a lasting reward in this regard (lifetime subscription).

Honestly the perks are just kinda weak. If it weren't for it being a moneymaking scheme on top of an MMO, I'd be drooling all over this.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This is the same total the Skullgirls team asked for almost in regards to their fanvote character and they JUST got there.

I don't really expect this to make it sadly.

9. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    If they can grab onto the Ecco formula and improve it, I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. They acknowledge all the problems with Ecco on the Kickstarter page, so that's a good start.
    Too bad the graphics on that screenshot look like from the year 2000. I honestly said "Oh look, a Windows 98 screensaver!" when I opened the project page.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd be more interested had they used this to build a new 2.5D Ecco game...

11. Im not sure how many people care about this, but unless they get a HUGE sum boost within 9 days, they are not going to make their goal!

Just letting people know if they want this...

12. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    It's a shame, becuase there are some interesting ideas percolating there, but I can't see it being a huge commercial success and therefore unlikely to get funded by traditional publishing companies.

13. It could have promise, but it was a lofty goal on their part to try and raise 600k. I don't think the interest is nearly that high.

14. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I pretty much agree with what has already been said. It is nice to see Echo again but I can't see this game being a success (if it makes it), which is pretty sad.

The lack of vortex is also pretty disappointing but I suppose they ended the vortex arc at the end of Ecco 2.

In all honesty, it does look like a tribalfusion screensaver, I feel they need to darken the colours and try to capture the essence that the first two had, a busy ocean but you still felt completely alone and isolated.

As many of you have said, some solid concepts (I quiet like the idea of it being in the future), but as I said, as it is at the moment, I can't really see it working as an effective game.

15. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    Nilsens involvement would be enough for me to donate to this, but the shockingly low funds so far just makes it seem pointless. This is a real shame, I hope some game company picks up on this and gives it a chance.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher

17. I'm guessing seapunk isn't as popular as everyone thought it would be?

18. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
  19. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    Bumpish, but this is interesting news. After searching around for The Tides of Time's storyline and proceeding to get my brain handed to me in the form of mush, I came across this. Annunziata states he'll try to develop a small game, The Little Blue, and then open another Kickstarter campaign towards turning that Little Blue into The Big Blue.