don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog featured on Did You Know Gaming? (again)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TonicBH, Jul 23, 2013.

1. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yea, I suck at writing too, lol. I'll be glad to do some editing and maybe a little Photoshop work. I'm not that advanced with NLEs, but I'm always learning.

2. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Oh hey, we do have a VidyaRetro channel on Youtube, but I haven't gotten around to putting any of our streams on it, and everyone on the staff is able to do whatever to it.

If we were to do something like Did You Know Gaming, probably should do something with that Sonic Adventure 1 show floor demo that was released a few months ago.

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I have an awesome capture card and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. If Retro wants to make official videos for the site, I'd be happy to help if anyone wants my assistance.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Excuse me kids but we already have a pro video producer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ssB-6Dxo4

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well yea, as far as I can tell, that's the only thing anyone's been upset about. The point's moot now since he added a mention in the description (could've annotated the video but whatev), but I felt like responding to this.

6. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    If anything, I feel a web show called SonicDev would be way more interesting. With all these hacks out, you'd think there would be videos talking about how things work in the Sonic games. That I feel has more content than "Hey check out this unfinished Hidden Palace Zone with emulator footage!11"

Learn fake trigonometry with Sonic the Hedgehog.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The idea of a Retro youtube channel has been in the air for years, probably even around the time you were on staff too. I think one of the main problems for it was how Google handles ownership of videos, let alone generating the content consistently to sustain it. I think it'd be more beneficial doing something more than just a typical Let's Play.

8. Impish

Impish

It sounds like nobody's keen on writing, and well I am! If anything actually happens that is, I do a fair bit of writing and adapting material for College, and I wanted to do some writing for video, but I can't record or edit very well.
    EDIT: We could take some of the more interesting wiki articles and making videos of them, like, mini-documentary style. Retro's all about informing isn't it?

9. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    How may times do I have to say that I do not want a YouTube channel?

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    So hey, we got our own Twitch channel. In terms of video content, we're pretty much good on that front. When we want folks to check out Sonic and Sega games We don't care on doing "Lets Play" videos, what we do put out otherwise is pretty much handled internally. We also don't need people slapping the Retro name on things that are clearly not ours.

Also in terms of a Youtube channel, we got this too. Or at least our sister site does. They've got a ton of video content. Podcasts, skits, reviews, its all mighty keen and you should all check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8pkT2ICR1E

So, there. We did it. Well, they did it. Its all good.

(and no, don't bother them about putting your videos on their channel.

11. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Obviously you're lying.

Who DOESN'T want a YouTube channel these days?!

I can even talk over all the footage in a fake accent that makes me sound stupid that's what all the kids like these days right

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    That really is what the kids like these days. If we do it, we can take the internet by storm!

Serious talk: I get it, SS. I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting one, and you're not gonna see me advocate for one anytime soon.

13. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

I wasn't a developer but I was involved in the actual production as far as phone calls and drawings and brainstorming sessions.

14. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    You won't need it to be a camera whore, but you'll need it to make comments on how wrong those whores were truly are.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To be fair, while the videos don't reference anything ever, often times their website does reference their source on the fact pictures, which more often than not get put into a video at some point.

16. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Too bad they oftentimes link to their sister site VGFacts as the source for these DYKG posts.