don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Zingela

Zingela

IL
    Ladies' halloween costumes! :3

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. Looks like I might dye my hair red and blast the hell out of "Pumpkin Hill" this year.

2. I knew Tails was a girl!

[​IMG]

3. I never knew boners could be so big

4. Do want that Sonic 06 promo...there's so many builds of it, they all have little differences in things and what not. Dump pls? : >

5. Anyone see these? DAWWW SO ADORABLE. Spotted these at Toys R Us.

[​IMG]

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

When they showed off the protos earlier in the year, there was a Knuckles one too. But then protos were based on the F4F minis and the finals are based on Jazwares own sculpts. Still waiting on that Classic Knuckles, Jazwares...

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Haha, they're quite cute :) I'll have to look our for those when I'm in Toys R Us again - although they might not appear in the UK for a while, I know that's been the case in the past.

It's a shame that the Knuckles one has disappeared though; there's not enough Classic Knuckles figures. I don't understand why Jazwares haven't made one yet considering how many other characters are available from them.

8. Yeah if we get lucky maybe we'll get Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik, and I dunno, Fang or something. Call it the Who Gives a Shit series 2. They'd all be so adorable

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's a funny way of spelling Amy

10. That's a funny way of spelling... Ray. :colbert:

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Just saying, you're delusional to think that they'd use any other classic character besides Amy and Super Sonic. Fang, Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, and the classic Chaotix no longer exist as far as Sega's concerned

12. lol, I was being sarcastic, given the last part of my post. Good grief.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sorry, not quite sure what the Colbert symbol meant but given that his persona on the show is basically nothing but sarcasm...

Well looks like you learn something new every day. Plus you never know with Sonic fans. They could be very serious about their delusions

14. Ah yes, indeed, indeed.. though a small part of me thinks one day I'll own a Ray figure :argh:

15. nesboy43

nesboy43

Was at Toys R Us a few hours ago and saw these at the register, they were so cute. I haven't bought any merchandise since around Generations release (only the classic stuff), and I convinced myself I didn't need these.

On the way home I instantly regretted it, looks like I will be making a stop there tomorrow. They only had Tails and Sonic, no metal Sonic. I'm thinking of keeping these on display in my car, do you think they would melt from the heat (Southern Californian)?

My Jazwares figure that had both Modern and Classic Sonic in a gold ring ended up breaking at a few points because of how cheap the materials were and the distribution of Sonic's weight. I have no complaints with all of my other Jazwares stuff though.

Also, as an above poster stated, where is the classic Knuckles merchandise? We had classic Sonic, Robotnik, Tails, and Amy Figures released for the 20th Anniversary yet classic Knuckles is nowhere to be found. There is a serious void in my current display. Having Knuckles next to an Egg Robo would be perfect, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I actually had a similar problem with the one I got - Modern Sonic's legs have bent a bit and he's leaning really far over to one side. It was so bad at one point that he was leaning into Classic Sonic and pushing him over as well x_x I keep forcing him back into position and it seems to be working, but he still looks a bit like he's melting. This is the only figure I've ever had problems with too. It's a shame really because it looks quite nice.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You're talking about this happening, right?
    [​IMG]

It's a lovely figure made out of unsuitable materials. The thing just melts in heat. You either need to keep it boxed, or keep the little bits of plastic that are under the figure when you first open it up. I think it's made out of the same plastic they used for the modern 20th Anni mini figures, but they're tiny so they're fine. It's a shame Jazwares cut so many corners. I love most of their figs.

18. Yeah, the lack of Classic Knuckles is odd, but maybe not so much since it seems like he transformed the least out of the bunch. I did find one figure Jazwares did-- they were really small figures, but the series contained Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Super Sonic, and possibly Amy.

EDIT: And it wasn't the First4Figures (I think) big pack of small figures. These were definitely different.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The only Classis Knuckles figure that Jazwares have done is a straight up rerelease of First 4 Figures' mini one. You could either buy them together in a six pack or in individual blister packs. That's definitely the one you're thinking of, unless it's these bootlegged versions which are all around with or without the chain:
    [​IMG]

20. nesboy43

nesboy43

Yes, this happened on mine and then 1 of the blue plastic flames on the bottom broke as well, I never even touched it after I first unboxed it, it was just sitting on a shelf. Yeah I love Jazwares too, it's a shame that there is an issue with this one release.

I have the First 4 Figures 6 pack, got it from Toys R Us, no key chains, I forgot Knuckles was in that to be honest. I would have liked a Knuckles + Enemy pack like they did for some of the other classic figures. I'm also surprised that there is no Knuckles plush.