don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Damn it ken, I'm trying to eat breakfast here. Don't make me want to vomit

2. What th-

s-somebody hold me, that face scares me ;_;

It looks like some really old lady trying to be hip by wearing some dumb shades and a bunch of tentacles on her head.

3. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Bahahahahahaha!!!

This is going to be one glorious trainwreck.

[​IMG]

4. Well, there went my ravenous appetite. I actually nearly threw up.

That has got to be the freakiest thing he's done so far. I am legitimately horrified. There is so much wrong with this.

The weirdest part is how much that fingernail (thumbnail?) bugs me.

DODGE AND BURN. There is so much dodge and burn going on here, it's sickening. The muzzle just has the most... horrendous shape, and is shaded quite poorly. Is she supposed to look like an old lady? Why didn't he just make them humans? Just. Why?

This would actually be so entertaining and hilarious to watch if it wasn't so horrifying (and derailing the comic, of course)

Man, that thumbnail is really creeping me out. Am I the only one unnerved by it?

5. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Sometimes....I just don't know anymore.

Who the hell will buy whatever the fuck comes out of that?

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Somewhere in New York, everyone working on Sonic at Archie Comics is re-branding their court settlement with Penders as pure, unchallenged victory. That picture scares me, not just because it's bad, because now I have to question, what could have happened if he was given free reign when he was on the comic? Ron Lim looks like freaking Michelangelo up against that. Someone please superimpose that face on a character from Fist of the North Star.

7. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    [​IMG]
    I put about as much effort into this as Penders evidently did.

8. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Thus far, I've mostly lurked this topic for the laughs, and legitimately good conversation, it brings me, but I'm peeping my head in to say that face is easily the worst thing I have seen, out of all the bad art that Ken Penders has pushed out leading up to this near-victory. When a friend on Skype showed this cover to me last night, it made me cringe so hard I must've nearly sprained my butt, no joke.

So glad I wasn't eating at the time. I'm too scared of this butchy, overly-masculine, dude-bro humanoid monstrosity to laugh; is this what would happen if Lilac the Dragon and Goofy had a baby? (Inb4 somebody ships that.) I honestly expected better of Penders, and that's not saying much.

Also, I might have a lot of problems with contrast in my own art, but I honestly didn't even see the hand until you guys mentioned it. Or maybe I was too horrified by that face by itself to look beyond that.

The hilarious thing is he's actually not too bad with humans, from what AMomentOfArchieSonic brings up on that blog. He apparently did good work and writing for the Star Trek comics, but anyone can easily see that he's never put that kind of effort into Sonic characters, in either writing or art. I wouldn't be surprised if Ken didn't use basic structure and just freehanded them all; every red-line I've seen of Ken's more recent echidna art looks like evidence of that, they're just that broken and mangled on the anatomical level. It's kinda shocking when you look further into it.

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Artist's rendition:
    [​IMG]

(I have no idea which artist; this was linked over at SonicGAF)

10. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    It's fitting because "DODGE AND BURN" is precisely what I thought when I saw that thing.

11. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    I am now thoroughly convinced that Ken Penders whole scheme here is something akin to The Producers and Springtime for Hitler. Success or flop; somehow, he will still make out like a bandit, thus proving the lack of a loving and just God.

12. AuroraRedwinters

AuroraRedwinters

Sonic Sez: "Broz b4 Hoez!" Member
    Is it sad that the first thing that popped into my mind was a really bad rendition of Mac Tonight? With a lot more pink, dodge and burn, and big lips?

[​IMG]

13. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    ...I don't....I...uh...hehehe..hahahaha...hahaha...haha..heha...ha...

How, how did he even come up with this, how the fuck does ANYONE come up with THAT as the end result and think "Yeah this is good"?

But the most important question I would like to ask is, WHO THE FUCK GAVE A POSTITIVE REACTION TO THAT!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Maybe he got a good feedback from the mental institution he's been living in, because nobody SANE would gave a good feedback to whatever the fuck his waifu's daughter is suppose to be now. I just, I TRY to be positive, to be optimistic about things in general, granted the first artwork we got was standard Penders fair with extra and unneeded shit on but THIS, I am shocked to my fucking core. I don't know why I even TRY to be nice, because this is absolute shit, and it's very obvious now that Penders is very out of touch with reality if he thinks something like that is acceptable as promotional artwork, I mean we've all questioned his sanity and judgement before, but this takes the fucking cake and flushes it down the toilet at you're local gas station, only for it to be fetched out of the pipes and reshaped into this deformed cake of shit and god knows what else is in there and is served as dessert to the United Nations for all the world to see.

I can't believe something I had no hope in somehow makes it even worse then it already was, fuck it.

One more thing, how the hell is Geoffrey St. John the main subtitle in his "5th Volume" make any sense, is he the protagonist of that volume? So much for "The Lara-Su Chronicles", the guy should just hire someone to make the artwork, I don't know who the fuck would be crazy enough to work with THAT GUY, but that's just my suggestion...you know what it's not even a suggestion, Penders hire someone else to do the artwork, you are REALLY bad at it!

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    [​IMG]

I can't stop laughing.

15. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    I honestly don't think it is that bad, ... if he didn't draw that hand, creating a horrendous proportion problem, ... and if it was on deviantART. No, actually, you know what? DeviantART is the butt of a lot of jokes on the internet, but I have literally seen fanart on that website that shows more work and consideration went into it than this 'piece'. I have gazed upon fanart with such detailed characters, rich backgrounds, and perfect perspective and proportions that it would make you want to curse to your personal sky-god that you will never have such artistic skills even if you would have studied graphic design for a solid decade.

... this belongs on FurAffinity. *bah dum tiss* *shot*

16. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I want to buy his comic just so I can read one panel a day. Every time I see his hideous art, I will begin laughing for hours, and forget where I am and who I am, because IT IS THAT BAD.

*Laughs hysterically*

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    You know, I think this sums up that Lara-Su image better than any other post so far in this thread. Jesus christ Penders, what were you thinking?

18. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

That's what I've thought for a long time now. He couldn't just straight-up sue them over royalties, which is what he really wants. So he copyrights his characters, and claims that he wants to use them in his own story to add legitimacy to his suit. Every so often he drops another piece of preview art to keep up appearances.

19. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    My eyes. MY EYES. X_X