don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

My issues usually come in just fine, but sometimes they end up bent due to the mailman. So really it'll depend on if you have a good mailman.

2. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I used to up until about 155 and they were all fine. All the wear those comics have are from my brother and I grossly mishandling them as kids. Recently I subbed for all three Archie runs of Sonic and Megaman and they sent me everything up to part 8, and then part 11 for some reason. Everything has been perfect. The only problem is if your mailman isn't careful.

3. Tylinos

Tylinos

Time for the latest solicits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"And an unlikely return of a character you won't expect alongside Uncle Chuck!"
    Huh. Interesting. Snively, maybe?

4. I was about to say, what a crappy four page adaptation of Lost World? But 20 is pretty good. The magazine needs to keep doing exclusives like this

5. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Oh god that variant cover. What the fuck Dawn... just.... wat.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow both Antoine and Rotor got redesigns? Jeez, just about everyone has been redesigned huh? Looks like stuff is really going to change after the 2nd Genesis Wave.

I almost want to guess that New Mobotropolis is going to get a Green Hill make over.

7. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    HOLY SHIT The Knothole Freedom Fighters ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I wasn't sure what to expect from The 2nd Genesis Wave after The Crossover but NOW I'm really hype about the future of Archie Sonic, also I'm gonna call this right now that this Dark Energy that Chuck found is either Dark Gaia OR The Source of All. Speaking of which if it really was "The Source" that is oh so claimed by King Max and previous Acorns, why didn't it predict Julian so that the war could be prevented? Seriously that golden goo was always fishy looking, chances are it's some kind of Ancient God hell bent on the consumption of all creations or something along the lines of that, well that's my theory anyway.

Looks like I might have to subscribe to Archie now, I don't want to miss this!

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So I'm guessing the second wave is going to cause a soft reboot to everything, I'm guessing its gonna purge most of the current storyline seeing as with some characters M.I.A. the arc can't really complete itself.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Would Flynn just up and nix the entirety of what he was going to do with Naugus and New Mobotropolis? Remember, the Worlds Collide arc was a last-minute addition; he's always intended to complete the current story. It would be kind of a shame to see the build-up with Naugus' breakdown and St. John's double crossing just forgotten. If anything, the second wave might end up causing the arc to resolve itself more quickly; if the first wave did this much to Naugus, imagine what it hitting him a second time must have done.

10. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

I doubt Flynn would just Nix the King Naugus and Geoffrey plot, oh granted it looks like things are changing BIG time but I think we'll still have that, hell my bet is that Naugus turns into some kind of monster or something (think Final Vargas from Power Stone) and Geoffrey turns on him (hell maybe Naugus was responsible for Hershey's disappearance). At least I hope that's not the case, if so I hope it comes back retold or something.

I do wonder how Knuckles' story is gonna end up though, will all the echidna's just be retconned out of the story or something? I mean worst case due to "those" issues is that All of Knuckles' Story from his comics up to now are gone, minus Dr. Finitevus. I was looking forward to Knuckles hunting down Thrash to find his missing people and Julie-Su (and Saffron).

And my final thought is that with the 2nd Wave's effects will we get a Sonic Universe where we get the details of the effects, or will that Super Special Magazine explain it all? Well as much as I like Worlds Collide I can't wait to see what happens next!

Freedom Fighters Return, Ra Moon Rising, both Sonic and Megaman titles look like they are gonna kick ass later this year!

11. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    He's already mentioned often he's finishing the arc, and I'm not sure why people are being pigheaded to the point of forgetting that. This is not a reboot, I doubt it'll be much of a soft reboot even. 10 bucks says no back canon is changed (IE all the Penders stuff is still canon), just unmentioned from now on.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Mega Collection Plus symbol. Wow. =P

Nice to see they're doing a collection of Worlds Collide, but over 3 books? =|

13. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    The four refers to the four issues per arc, not that it'll be collected in four trades.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sure sounds like there's going to be 3 books. =P

15. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Man, that would be SO cheap of that actually happens, though sadly it seems to be a more likely scenario...

16. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    Honestly doesn't seem as cheap as "LOL RETCON EVERYONE OUT". Things just move on and that's that.

17. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Chances are, that they're going to change the names of the characters a bit (while redesign them to be more part of the Segaverse like the Freedom Fighters), while Ken have too redesign his characters to be less like Sega's established characters.

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

[quotename='Ian Flynn']Some little teaser quasi-answers for further speculation:

- the glove isn't Bunnie. It isn't a Freedom Fighter, either.
    - the character with Chuck is another SatAM-er.

Have fun. :wink:[/quote]
    Sticking to my Snively guess for the person with Chuck. No idea on the glove.

Also:

[quotename='Ian Flynn']Actually, yeah, in the first draft there was a Metal Bass fusion fight. I can't remember who killed it, SEGA, Capcom or both, but it was the only idea that was rejected.[/quote]

EDIT:[quotename='Ian Flynn']Ah, what the heck, more fun teasing:

THE MYSTERY GLOVE
    - it is a villain
    - it's not a SatAMer
    - nobody will guess it[/quote]

19. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Given Sega's paranoia over Metal Sonic confusions causing Shard to be labeled a Mecha Sonic or such, I'm betting they're responsible for nixing the Metal Bass fusion.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Assholes, we could've had something great there. I mean the 2-on-2 fight looks fine there too but fuck if I didn't want to see a Metal Bass.