don't click here

Sonic Boom 2013

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skyler, Jun 20, 2013.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I dream of the day one comes to Portland, OR. Then I might actually be able to go. One day I will be able to experience something like this in person.

[​IMG]

2. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    HOLY CRAP! I'm on vacation on that day! So glad I had to move my vacations now! And it's so MUCH closer this time! This may sound crazy, but if I can get myself a passeport in time, I'm making my way there... by car! What? I'm scared of planes. It's finally happening...!!!

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    No shame

[​IMG]

No shame at all

[​IMG]

None

4. Tanicius

Tanicius

Las Vegas
    http://www.sonic-revolution.net/
    I've been waiting for this since Hedgehog Day... it's about time! SEGA sure cut it close this year...

I suggest you all book your hotels now; the Moonrise Hotel costs about 180 a night and is just two buildings down. Next closest hotel is about 3 miles away, so if you're averse to getting into a taxi like I am...

There was a concert by Jun Sunoue, Crush 40, and Cash Cash.

Takashi Iizuka and Steve Lycett both spent some time answering some questions from the fans.

There was a trivia contest where a few fans were able to join forces with Aaron Webber or Steve Lycett to battle for who knew the most.

There was a costume contest as well.

On top of that there was free food and the ability to play Transformed.

There were about 800 Sonicphiles in the room so there was no shortage of people to converse with if you needed some company.

As a perk, you were given a free chao keychain, a Sonic Boom shirt, and a random Archie comic upon entry.

1000 tickets were available from March to June, and only 800 of them sold out. That 20 dollar price tag really does deter folks.

Which is why I'm surprised at the location choice; if it sold so little in California (during Comic Con no less), how will it do any better in a more remote location?

5. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    If this was in September I might go. I have a week of vacation time, and this seems like a good use, but August is simply impossible for me this year :/

Oh well. I can still hope for some cool announcements, at any rate.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    He's gone from SEGA for just a couple months and you guys are already rewriting him out of history. :v:

7. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Nice to see another Sonic Boom going on, hopefully I can ACTAULLY make it to this one.

8. Tanicius

Tanicius

Las Vegas
    http://www.sonic-revolution.net/
    Well, I just checked the official news on it. How about that, I made an error. I guess I didn't really pay too much attention to the names... that and Aaron Webber seems to get a lot more press so I assumed it was him for some reason.

My fondest memory was how I was the only one who got the final question, what color suit Mammoth Mogul did not possess, correct. I guessed navy given that it would be symbolic of his nemesis... go figure, I was correct!

A shame I was just an audience member. :(

The more the merrier!

I'll be making sure to war my Sonic Boom 2012 shirt to the event, so as to highlight how little a life I have devoted I am to these sorts of things.

9. Tanks

Tanks

Bring it to DC (Because FUCK NYC) next time so us east coasters and southerners can enjoy this shit for once. Seriously, just once I want the New Yorkers and New Englanders to have to drive to me. Nothing against, Saint Louis though. Wonderful city. Totally undoable for me, but its cool to give the midwest guys a year.

10. $20 sounds reasonable to me, all things considered. Thanks for the information man!

Definitely for doing all of this. Especially the after party part. [​IMG]

11. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Can't make it to St. Louis. Money was spent on my own issues just trying to have a place to live during a hole in my housing.

Well, that, and... I dunno. You go there once, you probably seen it all.

I'd be more interested in some sort of meetup with the West Coasters again, but it seems SS is busy. Unfortunate.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Every time this thread comes up, I briefly think we're talking about this, and then I get disappointed.

St. Louis is getting CLOSER to being viable for me, but not close enough. Doing it somewhere in Nashville or Atlanta would pretty much guarantee my attendance, but I'd rather not risk a repeat of the one horrible night I spent in the St. Louis Greyhound bus station.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I was hoping Sonic Boom would be in California again, it would have given me an excuse to go to Disneyland. :v:

I'm leaning towards going to this one anyway. Really depends if I can stay in St. Louis nice and cheap for the weekend while still saving my main vacation savings, as well as if many people I know here are going.

14. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Can't say I understand the logic behind St. Louis, from a marketer's perspective--there's nothing drawing people to STL that weekend.

Also Missouri is only good for buying fireworks and hard liquor at gas stations real talk

Since MM88 mentioned it, Cali people, should we have a meetup? I can do OC/LA or SF, as I'm bouncing between both a lot lately

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Depending on when it happens, I can do SF.

16. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Anyone from Indiana, Michigan, or Ohio going? St. Louis actually isn't across the planet like CA is, so if I could find a driving/room buddy I might actually be able to make it. Maybe even someone from the east that could swing by NW Ohio?

17. If someone could help me with carpooling (I can contribute gas money :v:/>) I can do SF.

18. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Well, as I live nearby, I'll be able to attend this! How long before the event did tickets become available last summer?

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Agreed, but then I think of one pretty good reason that I already know how you feel about... $$

Skyler, we have our adventure. :specialed:

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    There seems to be a few members that live close to me... :v: That's rather awesome! Didn't know there were many people here on Retro that lived near St. Louis... We should get together and get drunk or something. xD Anyway there's still no news on tickets yet, so chances are they probably won't go on sale until mid to late July... :\