don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    First thing I did upon obtaining it was add "ATS Sound Team" as the album artist. Brought all the tunes together!

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I know it's not perfect but of the existing engines out there, official ones included, Worlds is one of the few engines to get extremely close. I'm speaking to the majority, many have never even heard of Worlds or After the Sequel or possibly any fangames which are big here at Retro.

Nope again, as has been said, Lake is going solo with Chrono Adventure. The song will be used in one of my own projects some day.

3. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
  4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Downloading the soundtrack right now. Awesome job, guys!

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I have but one request left: Can we get a transcription/translation for the Latin? It would be the only possible thing to improve this experience.

6. Falk

Falk

I believe both of us doing orchestral cues with choir in them just hit randomize

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Mirror'd. I've had World's Largest Pogostick on endless loop (and looped properly :U) all day while working.

8. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Yeah but... it can still be translated right lmfao.

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

AUUUUGHGHSL BUT MY INNER CHAMBER CHOIR NERD NEEEEEDS TO KNOW WHAT THE OMINOUS LATIN CHANTING MEEEEEANS

Yes, I was in Chamber during high school and I'm not embarassed to admit it.

Oh man, but to finally have this soundtrack is heavenly. Thank you, all of you amazing people who worked on this game and OST!

10. I'm wondering if there will be a FLAC release like there was with BTS? I'm loving this soundtrack so much!

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    http://youtu.be/LQD42Me_jgQ

Best quality I could get it, but some gameplay of Sugar Splash. Probably my favorite zone just for the uniqueness of the trope. What I didn't capture: You can run on the ceiling of the pipes in act 3 on one of the upper paths but the water current sent me the wrong way because its a dick.

12. pablodrago

pablodrago

BS AS
    This game was such a great experience, also the soundtrack is awesome my favorite is Storm Station 1.
    But there is one thing I don't understand;
    how this shield works?
    [​IMG]

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I've noticed a bug while playing the game, in some cases if the drowning countdown plays and I get a bubble the music does restart but the drowning music still plays in the background... Am I the only one getting this bug? Granted the game runs pretty slow even in the smallest resolution on my gf's laptop... :v:
    Also Breakfast Time would be much better without the vocals IMO... but meh still a kick ass soundtrack and I'm currently listening to Sugar Splash Act 2 because it always gets stuck in my head. <3

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    GOAT Tracks, according to Gene:

Memories
    Breakfast Time
    Espresso with Bayonetta
    Egg Fleet Assault
    Turquoise Paradise (easily my favorite of them all)
    Smokey Bear Says
    Mantra
    Radiance
    Freefall
    Ghosts with Guitars
    Serious Influence
    World's Largest Pogo Stick
    Combat Night
    Neon Paradise (close #2 favorite. Dat MGZ nod.)
    No Longer Alone
    From Whence You Came
    Foliage Furnace 16-bit
    Lava Powerhouse Remix
    Techno Tree 16-bit
    Redhot Ride Special
    Parhelion Peaks Special
    Sonic 3D Blast Main Theme
    Radical Train Modern
    Can You Feel the Sunshine?

15. Is there any way to remap the buttons on the Gamepad? Mine is designed similar to a PlayStation controller (but with the left analog stick and control pad having swapped positions), and it's a bit awkward having the Square button as jump. I can probably get used to it after a bit, but it would be nice to remap it to the X button.

By the way, insanely minor bug, but I was playing through the level where you're bouncing the entire time, (I forget the name, sorry.) and somehow managed to hit a circle-shaped ramp just right that it counted as rolling, and Sonic was able to stand in place and walk around while he was supposed to be in "Bouncy Mode". He didn't start bouncing again until I jumped. Also, there's a spot where you can get stuck under a platform with not enough space to get out easily. I bounced around in there for about five straight minutes before managing to escape. I'd have took a picture, but didn't think of it until I got out. If you can find any spots like that, it would be nice if the platform was replaced with a solid block or a jutting out ledge from the wall.

16. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I actually did on Sugar Splash

17. KgZ

KgZ

Herp derp Member
    Sonic After the Sequel
    We're on kotaku!

http://kotaku.com/theres-a-new-sonic-out-on-pc-its-a-fangame-and-it-lo-514601798

18. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    He couldn't have used a worse video to show off the game? It is Kotaku after all.

Well anyway more gameplay vids uploaded. Act 2's bumper trap is a beotch.

http://youtu.be/mS2-LB75GIk

19. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Assuming that "Sonic Worlds Engine" means MMF, then native OS X and Linux releases are possible via the Anaconda MMF runtime:
    https://github.com/matpow2/anaconda#readme
    It would require the creators of the game to package up a release with it themselves, I believe.

I was able to run the Windows version just fine on OS X via CrossOver though. I just had to double click the EXE, no special installs required. (Did need to disable the cutscenes though, since I don't have IE or Flash installed in my default bottle) Based on the comments here from users running it natively, the performance in Wine is perfectly fine. (As in, it usually runs fine but sometimes slows down)

20. Blivsey

Blivsey

Okay. I take back what I said about the final Special Stage theme.

It's fucking gorgeous to me now and I can't get it out of my head aaagh

(finally watching MegaGWolf's stream and discovering its true magnitude might've helped)