don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

I find it hilarious that some Sonic products would match the AoStH Robotnik with SatAM characters. :rolleyes: That sure would lead to some hilarious conversations. There'd be more comedy between those two than there was between AoStH Robotnik, Scratch, and Grounder.

I stopped being a fan of the American cartoons and comics a long time ago, but it's amazing to see that the American material, for a time, could have become canon to the games. (Not including a certain pinball game that we all know...)

2. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I've been planning to transcribe it along with a bunch of other Sonic books I have, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Those are great scans, though, but I cringe in sympathy for the poor book's spine. :)

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Ugh, yeah, I know :P It was in bad shape when I got it, but I wasn't particularly kind to it either. I can't imagine what it's like now, wherever it is.

4. I was gonna start a new thread for this, but I figured I might as well just post it here. As some of you know, over the past year I've went from bachelor to father and instead of working to support just myself I'm now also supporting my girlfriend and baby. Because of this, money is a little tighter but we're also feeling cramped in my apartment so I'm going through all my crap and selling shit that I really have no room for any more. So I'm selling my limited edition Dreamcast Collection vinyl record, which I couldn't find anyone else selling anywhere and apparently according to different forums I've read it's really rare these days. I'm also selling my collection of Jazwares figures, all still mint in the box (except classic sonic w/ moto bug who has some light sun damage on the back of the blister card). The gem of my Jazwares collection is probably the mispainted classic Sonic 6" figure (it's dark blue like Modern Sonic)

Anyways, if you guys wanna help a brother out here are the auctions:
    Dreamcast Collection Vinyl
    Jazwares 20th Anniversary Collection

5. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Great stuff Buyatari. Thanks for sharing with us all the new stuff. It's greatly appreciated. And I agree with ICEknight, we really ought to have a separate topic for Buyatari's contributions seeing there's quite a bit now =)

I've been wanting to give you folks a glimpse of what I get up to for quite some time. It was just a matter of finding the right time. What I've posted here isn't classified or anything like that. All the prerelease stuff below would have been dumped and posted by now. As for the rest of the stuff (promo/not-for-resale/silver discs), these will get scanned and put onto the Retro database at some point (assuming they haven't been yet). They won't get dumped though as they're just the final builds. I'll double check the demo discs but I'm fairly certain they'll be the same as the promo discs.

[​IMG]
    PS2 Promo (Silver) Discs & Demo (Blue) Discs. PSP Promo Discs. PS3 Promo Discs. As I mentioned in another topic. These are just the final builds with a different disc label. They would have been given out to press reviewers either at the time of their public release date or after their public release date.

[​IMG]
    SEGA Saturn Silver Discs (Sonic Jam, Sonic R & Sonic 3D Blast). Just like the PS2/PSP/PS3 stuff, these too are just the final builds that were given out to press reviewers.

[​IMG]
    XBOX360 Promotional Discs. Just like the PS2/PSP/PS3/Sega Saturn stuff, these too are just the final builds that were given out to press reviewers.

[​IMG]
    SEGA Dreamcast Pre-Production/Trial/Sample/Not-For-Resale/Production Error Discs. Various Sonic Dreamcase discs.

[​IMG]
    Various Sonic the Hedgehog Prototype/Pre-Production/Trial/Prerelease games.

Mind you, this isn't everything. Eventually more stuff will get added as time progresses.

6. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Those are beautiful...I wish I could have 'em!

7. winterhell

winterhell

[​IMG]

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK, fine. =P Split off Buyatari's stuff here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31346

9. Sonic the Hedgehog 20th anniversary Wii remote charger on sale for $7.50 at Sonic games.

[​IMG]

http://www.sonicgaming.com/email/promo.html

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I.e. buy 33 to get them for $7.50 each.

11. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I'd love to have Sonic CD there, Orenge :P

12. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I dunno does this go under merchandise or not, but I found a funny Bootleg Sonic from a crafts shop. It's those thingies you can iron on the pants or sew

[​IMG]

Was funny to find it, I got it for 60 cents xD.

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I managed to grab a couple of really nice items from eBay the other day; a pair of Sonic Adventure drinking glasses from Japan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From what I can tell, these are really rare - this is the first time I've ever come across any of them for sale and I'm having a hard time finding any information about them. Looking at Sonic Gear, it seems they're from a set of eight. Here's a (seriously shitty quality) pic from there:

[​IMG]

I think it's going to be an impossible task, but I'm gonna try and collect the whole set eventually ;P

14. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Given the box design (plus the sticker on the back), they appear to be UFO Catcher/Crane Game prizes.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like a UFO Cather would not work very well with glasses

16. SSNTails

SSNTails

Oldbie
    Saw this shirt today, anybody know where I can find the art for it?

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Toddler-Boys-Shirt/dp/B00B8CLP1C/ref=pd_sbs_a_5

17. Zingela

Zingela

IL
    I own a snap wallet and a blanket with that art on it. The best thing I could find was a low quality mockup with the same art on it: http://www.vgmerchandise.net/gadget-sonic_the_hedgehog_micro_raschel_fleece_blanket.php

18. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
  19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Double post/bump:
    [​IMG]

I just bought this set. They are kind of weird.