don't click here

Sonic The Adhog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Linkabel, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Oh yeah, they found that ad at the Stadium:
    [​IMG]

Also, does anyone in the UK remember seeing a show called Gamesmaster where they would feature video game challenges? Apparently, Sonic 1 was featured in one of their episodes:

Featured as a joke in Park and Recreations:

And shown for a brief time in the 1994 movie "Trading Mom"

2. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    I had that one. It was from Wendy's, I think. I must have gotten it when I was REALLY little, because the first I remember seeing it was one day in a box of old toys. It was cool until it flew up into the gutter in our house one day.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I used to have the Tails one but can't find it anymore, I think it's been thrown away. I have the Sonic and the Knuckles and Robotnik still though ;)

The one you saw with the big UFO base is the UK one- I imagine the flying one wasn't allowed here due to safety concerns, being as the UK is a lot more PC than America, and as someone stated above, they totally fucked their lip up with it. The UK one was a Beyblade-style spinning top, though from recollection it didn't spin for long as it was quite bulky, though I was like, 4 or 5 when it came out so I wouldn't have had a strong arm.

Anyway, if you guys want a comprehensive list of anything ever to hit the public that's based on Sonic, this is your website:

http://www.sonicgear.org/

You're welcome ;)

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    It actually wasn't supposed to spin; the gyroscopic mechanism was supposed to make it glide along a smooth surface. Which rarely happened because the toy sucked. :U

6. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Haha! Well I'm sure mine used to spin- it's been so many years though I have a hazy memory.

Oh, I remember Sonic shaped little biscuits- they were awesome, and I've never had such yummy little biccies since. They were like animal-shapes without the Cadbury's chocolate which are better for the chocolate on 'em, but even on their own the Sonic biscuits were really nice. I remember they had a nice texture too, and I think they were based on the SatAM series, which I never watched as a kid (I'm a AoSTH guy).

There were never many in a pack though, which used to bum me out.

7. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.

Funnily enough, the kid who completed the challenge went on to become Vid-eator "Big Boy Barry" on SKY 1's Gamesworld. He's also the Global PR and Communications Manager for Mad Catz.

Also:

8. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    During the 90s there's been special bottles of Matey bubble bath in the UK that were designed just like Sonic.

[​IMG]

I held on to the empty bottle for years (I even swapped Sonic's head with one from a Dennis the Menace bubble bath bottle and vice versa), then it recently got thrown out when my old bedroom got tidied out.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Big Boy Barry ended up as Mad Catz PR? Hah, that's amusing. I wonder what happened to some of the other Videators?

10. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    On that note, did anybody have one of these, at any point?

[​IMG]

I think the Big Lots near me had WAY more Sonic merchandise than you'd possibly expect. They had bedsheets, for one thing. Can't find a picture of the ones I used to have, though.

11. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.

Rik Henderson (who you also see in the Gamesmaster vid) was the Violet Blade. He used to do a bit of work for Future Publishing and runs his tech-site called Pocket Lint.
    Martin Mathers (has also appeared on GM with the challenge of playing 2 Virtua Cop 2 machines at the same time) (he was the smart suit guy that I can't remember what he was named) used to write for Official Nintendo Magazine.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Funnily enough, his name was just Mr Mathers. =P There's a list on Wikipedia.

13. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    YES! I remember pulling his head off many a time as a kid. :D Aww, sweet memories. Did it turn the bath blue, btw? I don't ever remember a colour change.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

I found some cool stuff on Ebay. But first, let's take a trip back in time when Sega was preparing to launch the Dreamcast in the USA:
    Source

The reason why I highlighted the Alcone Marketing group part is because of this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More photos here and auctions here. How cool are those?! Apparently they were supposed to launch in December 98, but didn't. Or maybe they did, but I never seem them anywhere and I really don't remember seeing them when I was younger.

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

The first Tails one appears to be just like the one in the Burger King Sonic R set from early '98, made in the UK to advertise the PC release.

[​IMG]

Except this one had a cloud.

16. Nova

Nova

I had that! Had a rip cord and rolled along tables and caused all sorts of shit. The rest of the series were pretty cool, too.

17. MikeTH

MikeTH

Ohio
    Yep, I had one or two of those back when I was 6 or 7 or something. They were really neat, but I didn't end up keeping of them.

18. Nova

Nova

Not one of the above, but I did have one of these as a kid:

[​IMG]

19. Linkabel

Linkabel

I noticed that too. It's a shame we didn't get this promotion since I think that Tornado Tails and Gamma are pretty cool.

20. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh, those Burger King concept designs are really nice! Thanks for sharing, Casshern :) Makes me wish that promotion had actually happened though, some of the toys look great.