don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    How about waiting alittle bit longer (E3) until you cement it that your never ever going to play this game ever.

Anyways. Do you guys think they are using the SU/SG engine or sticking with the Wii's SC engine? I think the Wii-U can handle the SU/SG engine but then again they already have an established SC engine from another exclusive they can just beef up.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I guess I can cancel AXSX now...

3. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    All of these Sonic X-treme comparisons and none of this?

Retro, I am disappoint. :v:

In all seriousness, this seems like a breath of fresh air. It's a new gameplay style and I'm eager to try it out. Glad to have both a Wii U and a 3DS, so I can see if all of it is good. :)

4. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Not even NSMBU is 1080p on Wii U.

From the looks of the baked lighting (apparently in some parts of the stage, and others it doesn't, unfinished I guess?), and the lightfield/Sonic shaders that look pretty much the same as Gens, it's kinda safe to bet on this being Hedgehog Engine like many guessed here. Not like any of that stuff would be hard to implement into another engine, but this is Sega we're talking about. :v: If they have the chance to reuse, they will.

5. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    This game screams of Mario Galaxy more than X-treme.

Not a big fan of the new enemies..and ugh, absolutely despise the Mario Galaxy approach they're going for with the graphics. The environments are less detailed and cartoon-y as well as the enemies such as the Motobugs and Choppers. Can't believe the nose-dive in quality from Unleashed to this... This is what happens when fans and press complain about realism. The story and character development are probably going to be soul-less like Colors and Generations. Another thing in common with Mario.

However despite my gripes, I do look very forward into getting and playing this game. The gameplay looks very interesting and I really want to try it. I even said for the longest time how cool would it be if Sonic would run on walls during gameplay and not scripted events. Can't believe they actually implemented that... Looks promising.

Finally, despite the fact Sonic had after-images before in Sonic games, was anyone else reminded about the rainbow star in Mario Galaxy when Sonic was running on the sides of the wall?
    [​IMG]

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Here is AXSX just in case people don't know that its sonic xtreme re-creation project.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU-k90htzqk

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Anyone notice the Spagonia-style of the music? Sounds like it could be a remix.

Anyway, this looks awesome. Too difficult to tell about graphics, but the Wii U can handle what the 360 and PS3 can handle, so any changes are surely purely intentional.

Can't wait to see more!

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

We all still want to see your project completed. Don't be silly. ;)

9. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Welp, I guess that screenshot confirms that Dimps is making the 3DS version. Prepare for disappointment.

As for the Wii U version, HOLY SHIT. This might get me to buy a Wii U now. I'm not kidding.

10. Skaarg

Skaarg

[​IMG]

SEGA really dropped the ball on this by not using the Sonic CD snail which is more awesome.

I'm going to hold judgement until I see more gameplay, but this image really shows what I fear the most about this game. Abuse of speed boosters and no branching paths. I hope I'm wrong and we see more at E3 though!

11. BigTheCat

BigTheCat

♥STYLISH SONIC♥ Member
    This looks beautiful. I really am hoping this is 60 fps.

12. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I'm actually crying a little here. I've wanted to play Xtreme for so long, since I was a kid, and this is perfect. I might have to get a Wii U now, between this and Earthbound. I never thought I'd find something equal to Earthbound in want.

And I eagerly await the Xtreme remake project, as well.

13. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Welp, buying a Wii-U now.

Really loving what it looks aside from a few things here and there. It's giving off a more Super Mario Galaxy vibe than X-Treme though. I wonder if Nintendo has anything to do with this new look? Homage to SMG with the new partnership? :specialed:

14. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    So very second'd. I'd be pretty disappointed if AXSX was cancelled.

I just like how it's similar to the s2beta snail.

15. If you look to the right of your image (and other parts of the stage within the video), you can see that there are springs on the platforms showing there are multiple paths.
    Also, the fact that Sonic can now parkour his way up walls potentially demonstrates even more exploration than ever.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Uhr, no it doesn't? The screen is way too small to make out anything from it besides from there being a 2.5D Green Hill Zone.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Doesn't confirm it, but it's not a huge leap in logic to assume it'll be the case, seeing as it has been for four portables now.

18. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I don't think it's a matter of realism, I think it's a matter of optimizing the game for the Wii U and only the Wii U. Its processor is less powerful than either the PS3 or 360 (by almost 2 GHz), but its GPU is more powerful. With those factors in mind, it makes sense for them to put less on screen but make it pop out a bit more.
    Also, the quality of the story will probably be unaffected. It's the same two guys from Colors and Generations (sure, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if they haven't failed us so far, why now? Third time's the charm, I always say).

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    But that's the Launch Base Snail, the Snail blaster

20. Hukos

Hukos

Yeah, this game is giving me huge Mario Galaxy impressions, but that's not a bad thing.

Imagine a Sonic game that got praised as much as Mario Galaxy? That would do wonders to help repair Sonic's image in the media.