don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Does anyone else get the vibe that this is based off concept designs before the first Sonic game. It reminds me of this.

[​IMG]

And the game title "lost world" could be a play on words hinting at this past concept.

2. That reminds me, the one thing I never liked about the Tornado-1 was that Sonic had to be holding onto something to stay on the plane.
    He was way cooler just standing on the wing, even if it did make a whole lot less sense =P.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I think that's a gigantic stretch. I don't see resemblances at all.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Prediction: The new characters are the main villains, until it turns out they've been manipulated by Eggman, and then they merge together into some ancient evil that easily defeats Eggman and Sonic has to overcome them himself in outer space as Super Sonic.

5. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Sonic 2: Tails
    Sonic 3K: Knuckles
    Sonic 3D Blast: Flickies
    Sonic CD: Amy and Metal Sonic

Also, stuff hidden on SEGA's FTP:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Oh shit, guys. Look at this...

[​IMG]

7. Is it just me or does the alien on the left of the alien sillouette image look a tiny bit like the Laser wisp and the one in the middle like the Frenzy wisp?

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    My assumption is that they will operate similarly to the rival battles in Generations. After beating them, they will switch to your side, and will act as wisps/assist characters that you can toggle on and off before entering each stage... At least thats how I hope it will operate. Similar to the idea I put into the Propel rumor :P

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Final Boss material right there.
    On the actual image, I'm unsure what to think, though it'll likely work out alright. They look a bit different to normal style but I'm fine with that...plus, you'd expect creatures from other worlds to look different anyway.

10. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I have a feeling like each of these "things" are going to be the boss over an area like the Koopalings are in the Mario series. If thats the case I want more than 2 levels per boss fight.

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Colors had a good six levels or so per boss fight, so that's probably a non-issue.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Colours was also painfully short. There were 6 zones comprised of 2 main acts and 4 rubbish mini-acts each, 1 final zone and 21 crappy Game Land stages. Sounds like a lot, but it's far shorter than you'd think, and I'd wouldn't tailor the thought of replaying anything but the main acts.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, even with the mini-acts the game takes a couple of hours to finish in the challenge mode. (They really should bring that feature back) However, considering the things Sonic Team has done to extend Sonic games, it being short might be for the best.

14. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I found a clear image of the six guardians:
    [​IMG]

15. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Duh! We alreadt know the second guy from the left is obviously Mushu. I think you are wrong about the others though. :v:

[​IMG]

Seriously now, these look horribly generic monsters. Really doesn't feel like Sonic style to me at all. They look like they belong in some bad Pixar movie. They don't seem like robots, so I wonder in Robotnik is even the villain here...

16. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    This is ironic because the entire point behind the new 'sonic style' introduced in Unleashed was to look like Pixar movies.

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I'd rather see these guys than more junk like Marine or Silver. I'm sick of vaguely-animal heads on Sonic's and Tails' bodies.

18. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Great. Just what I wanted in a Sonic game, fucking Pokémon.

19. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I can't wait to see how this'll turn out. Something actually new in the series. I was kinda missing it from Unleashed with freshness.

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I think the Guardians look more like the more abstract characters from AoStH than anything.