don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Was holding out hope for the Android version despite CD not being compatible with my phone, but alas. The same fate falls with Sonic 1. Won't work with my Samsung Intercept, but it will work nicely on my girlfriend's Nexus 7, I bet...just need to pull her away from babysitting for a while. :v:

2. Sonic CD and it's demo worked great on my HTC Evo, I go to the app store to check on Sonic 1, and apparently that same phone isn't compatible? guess it's time to root my phone? My phone isn't even more than a year old too...

3. Tanks

Tanks

BlueStacks runs the levels just fine, but you run into some slowdown with the special stages. Other than that, running it on PC is pretty good.

4. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Bought it for my Android device. Nice remake, hope you guys port it to Steam or PS3.

5. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Here's another playthrough if anyone's interested in seeing someone struggle at Labyrinth Zone on a touch screen. :/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuoE1jFJBAY[/youtube]

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It has been downloading for 5 hours. It is 70% done. :argh:

EDIT: Well... I guess it would have helped if I had turned on WiFi instead of doing it all on 3G :v:

7. Yarharhar

Yarharhar

Oldbie
    So hmmm, what kind of bonuses is Sonic 2 going to get then?

Some sort of Palace that is hidden, mayhaps?

8. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    A Zone full of Wood?
    A Hill that's Dust-Like?

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So uh, this guy here got debug mode and level select to work on his Xperia Play by inputting the original codes: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57941148&postcount=97
    You can go Super Sonic and use elemental shields in debug mode also.

Note that an Xperia Play looks like this, so he didn't use the touch screen for this:
    [​IMG]

10. Truner

Truner

Isn't there a program that let's you use android apps on PC? Bluestack or something. I think Sonic CD worked on that perfectly. It might be a good idea to buy the Android version and give it a go on PC. If they followed the CD example, the keyboard will work in the game.

EDIT: ah, someone mentioned it already, oh well.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    This is interesting because on my iphone 5 it hardly heats up at all and does not use much battery, something like 15% to play for about 45 minutes. (many other games will roast my phone)

12. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    I'm buy it! :3
    Sonic the Hedgehog in Full HD:
    [​IMG]
    http://I.imgur.com/pWh6G7W.jpg
    http://I.imgur.com/7hRnz8v.jpg
    http://I.imgur.com/44Ygapo.jpg

13. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Im in the Scrap Brain zone. Those doors what open and close move very smoothly too. I don't remember they moved smoothly on MD. Really love the new effect.

14. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    Thank you guys, you just made my day. Grabbed Android version this morning along with Sonic CD. Port is really neat, you did a really good job.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I love it. My biggest issue is that my screen doesn't have an "edge" for me to know where the screen ends, so while I'm trying to desperately make precise jumps in Marble Zone, all of a sudden Sonic stops moving :v:

But I'm messing with the size and location of the analog stick, and I'm getting a feel for it. Taxman, Stealth... THANK YOU for make the controls so customizable!!

16. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Got it on my Galaxy S2 last night. Despite how it's making my phone heat up like a microwave it works perfectly well, and this is another really fine effort from Taxman and Stealth. I also have several other things to say about it:

• The Sega Vintage Collection themes for the menus brought a smile to my face.
    • The smooth 360-degree rotation on Special Stages is nice, but urgh they're now more difficult (fuck you SS3 you were a nuisance in the original game and now you're even worse)
    • New routes for Knuckles! Very neat touch there.
    • I noticed you made the Tails AI in Sonic & Tails mode a bit more smarter here. Whenever he attempts to do a spindash on his own he charges it up much quicker, and he doesn't randomly walk off swinging platforms too.
    • The widescreen workarounds for some of the bosses, especially SYZ's boss, were nifty too.
    • No unlockable level select and debug mode? I'm sad. :(

17. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Level select and debug mode are in as per the original game, no one's worked out the codes on touch screen though.

18. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Never noticed before just how repetitive the Marble Zone music is, haha. Quite fun though - looking forward to future games... (sonic 1 has always been one of my least favourite).

19. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Dunno if this was mentioned, but in one act some Cater-killer parts don't disappear when they explode. There's a piece of him hopping around half the level with me

20. Wow!

I'm morally obliged to leave my gratitude to The Taxman, Stealth, and anyone else who is responsible for making this happen. Thank you so much for giving me new incentive to play this game again! The new features, crisp soundtrack and smooth gameplay are compliments that have been made numerous of times now, but it couldn't possibly hurt to bring it up again. Bravo!