don't click here

Mario & Sonic 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, May 17, 2013.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    So the other game announced today was Mario & Sonic 2014, the game that no-one saw coming at all. Honest. =P

[​IMG]

What do we think about another title in the series, the first in HD?

2. Pigeon

Pigeon

Nothing really
    Well, hopefully the 3DS version will actually be fully fledged minigames like the DS 2008 and 2010, unlike 3DS 2012 (not that I played 3DS 2012) and that any character can be chose for any event. Seriously, having only a pool of four characters for one event is stupid.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    As I mentioned in the Wii U topic, the footage was clearly running at sub 30FPS. I thought it might be the stream, but the footage of Iwata speaking appearing perfectly smooth confirmed otherwise.

4. From what I remember, people were saying that Link to the Past 2 appeared a bit sluggish in the Nintendo Direct it was revealed in.

And then we got some later gameplay footage that showed it running pretty fast.

So it might be another one of those cases.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    With Link to the Past 2 it just seemed like Link moved slowly rather than a bad framerate. Looking at the framerate in the Nintendo Direct video again, it's not very good. It could just be the video though, and even if it isn't the game is still in development.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Reminder that the Mario & Sonic games have great remixes, this game not being an exception: http://minuslander.tumblr.com/post/66489895857/possibly-my-favourite-remix-of-mario-sonic-at

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow no one cares about this game here haha. Anyway what about the Sonic remixes? Any good ones?

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Don't know, I don't think anyone here actually cares enough to buy this game. From what I heard it has more Mario remixes than Sonic remixes, though that's normal for the Mario & Sonic games.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Figured as such. I find it funny, because while Mario obviously has the bigger fan base, there are a lot less songs to choose from than there are Sonic songs.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Uhm, there's no 3DS version of this game. Just cause it wasn't mentioned here.

11. Literally came to this thread hoping someone had grabbed it so I could see if it was worth picking up. The E3 footage made it look mad decent. Is it better than Lost World?

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Do you want seriously a comparison between this and Lost World? It's a sport game...

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm hoping an OST rip shows up at some point. Ideally in looping ADX.

14. I'm also waiting for the OST rip, judging by that one song TimmiT linked it's gonna be a goodin'

I stopped playing these games by the winter Olympics but I still try to check out the soundtrack just for the remixes.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Wait, this is the third exclusive game from the Nintendo-Sega deal? Or have I misunderstood something?

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No, this is the second... we only know about Lost World and this.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The 3DS version doesn't count as the 2nd of three then? They really aren't the same game at all.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    There's no 3DS version (the topic description is Wrong).

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Did the 2012 3DS game sell terribly or something? I never did pick it up but the Winter 2010 game for DS was at least pretty good.

20. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Sorry, I meant of Lost World. If the 3DS version of that counts as the second game, than this would be the third.