don't click here

Solid Gold Guide for Sonic 2 by Tony Takoushi

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mercury, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I can't check at the moment, but do any of our betas have Wing Fortress listed as Sky Fortress?

2. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Beta 4, 5 & 6 have Wing Fortress listed as Sky Fortress but only in the level select.

I've got that Sonic 2 Solid Gold Guide as well. Good stuff. I remember the first time seeing the scans to that book years and years ago on a couple of sites and thinking how cool it would be to have that particular build.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Oh. That certainly explains some choices the StC artists did in depicting Tails.

4. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    It's not really news, except to some folks (like me). Sometimes it's nice to bring things back up, even if they are old discoveries, because it keeps them fresh and newer members or those who missed it the first time around can experience them.

And if you own three copies you could have at least answered my question about the colour page count! =P

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    It's pretty nifty to me. I feel silly for not having noticed Wing Fortress was called Sky Fortress in the level select back when I was playing through the betas.

I'll second/third/whateverth the notion of scanning them to put into the wiki.

6. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    There are 8 colour pages (16 sides). I think I scanned them all, plus the cover, when I got it. It really needs redoing though, and scans of the whole book would be a good idea.

7. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Aargh! So my second copy is missing a page, too. How many do I have to buy? =(

8. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Double posting / bumping because I contacted the seller on eBay and was able to get a refund for the second book because of the missing page.

However, they don't have any more and I can't find any others on eBay.

So I put this question to you all: If you have a *complete* copy of the book, Retro, would you be willing to sell it to me? I would really like an intact one for my permanent collection.

9. Cedar J

Cedar J

Faguars, come test me I'll kill em Oldbie
    I used to have this way back in the day when I was a kid and I do remember the colour pages with all the screenshots on were kinda flimsy and not held together very well. It's not surprising some peoples copies are missing pages. This was the first place I ever saw Hidden Palace/Wood Zone way back when so when I finally joined up at Area 51 I was like oh so this shizzles for real? nice.

Sorry I don't have mine to hand anymore or I'd offer to scan it in, I don't even think I have it anymore ;P

10. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Hey everyone,

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm looking for some clean scans of the colored pages.
    I've recently purchased one, but the pages at the center were missing...

Does anybody have the complete version of the book, and would be kind enough to scan it?

Thanks in advance!

11. MamboCat

MamboCat

Old Fogey Member
    Prague
    STCO colouring!
    Agh. I do, and last I saw it, all the pages were still there. Problem is, I'm in Prague and it's with all my other old Sonic stuff at my parents' house.... and they're on holiday right now so can't post it to me. :s

I might be visiting them over the summer so if I get to go through my old stuff I'll scan it for sure. I loved that book when I was a kid, I didn't have a Mega CD so those pictures were the only glimpses I got of Sonic CD, back then anyway...

12. Dee Liteyears

Dee Liteyears

deep in the past
    Spriting and hardly getting shit done
    Are the maps inside like b/w schematics? If so, I think I had the German version maaaaaaany years ago. The cover looked pretty much the same, though I can't remember any color pages in our version.
    I totally forgot this thing even existed until I saw this thread. Would be cool if I can track the German version down for comparison