don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Even if they're the same games all over again, if these releases are successful they might even end up making new games in the classic series (or so I hope).

For now, I'm more than happy with these "ultimate editions" and their neat extras.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So, Taxman, this brings up a rather fun question...

With Google announcing that massive games-centric update coming to Android 2.2+, any chance Sonic CD and Sonic 1 here will be updated to include leaderboards and achievements ala the iOS version?

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I'm wondering would you be doing a feature request for all the games in the future? I ask because I as much as I love the classics and how much of a brilliant remake this is, I really want to be able to play through every level 2 player vs style and now is such a golden opportunity to ask for such things.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I may be thinking way ahead of time, but this makes me wonder if the original Vs. mode from Sonic 3 will be treated as its own self-contained "Sonic 3 Racing" minigame when/if the remake arrives.

I mean, since it included its own Time Attack mode without the single player levels, and the playable characters had their stats modified, which clashes with the new Time Attack modes that are currently being implemented.

5. Pengi

Pengi

Good to see Eggman's yellow vest-thingy on the sign post! And the stripe on Sonic's shoe after a spring jump.

I second all of this.

6. I'm not sure if this was said yet, but to me it feels like the speedcap from Sonic 1 is gone so it makes running much more smoother and better for running down hills now.

And damn the special stages just look lovely, as do the ring spill as they slowly fade away.

Very damn impressed with this, happily bought it if it means the rest of the classic games get a similar treatment. I know Sonic 2 is in the works but having Sonic 3 would be godly.

Plus having these on steam would make my day, I can't stand the emulators they used for them on PC.

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    [​IMG]
    Well, fuck you too, marble zone :p

8. winterhell

winterhell

lol

9. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Same happened to me, restarted and the block was were it was supposed to be

10. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    A couple glitches so far (don't think I'm complaining though, I'm in love with this update:

[​IMG]
    Window on capsule is transparent to the background instead of the animals popping their heads up every few seconds.

[​IMG]
    I spindash'ed across the platforms and got stuck in the floor.

I'm also noticing there's no extra high bounce when hitting an enemy/item box with the jump button held down.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Put it on a disk, include Sonic CD. I will buy several copies.

12. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    If Taxman & Stealth do make a 2P version for home consoles, then I hope they include the teleporters and Super characters.

Being able to play 'Super Sonic Tag' in Sonic 2's 2P mode provided years of fun!

13. Tanks

Tanks

What?...

That never happened in the original. The capsule was always transparent. The animals never "popped up." How could that possibly be a glitch?

14. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I think the only thing that bothers me after playing only Green Hill is that the controls aren't the same design as the Genesis ROMs and Sonic CD. I liked those.

Other than that, great port, can I express how much I love that menu screen?

15. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    No PC release, they can go to hell.
    Fantastic ports wasted on tiny goddamn phones that don't even have real buttons.

16. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    Great port, runs good on my 4th gen Ipod touch.

Just wish I could play it on my Vita, that OLED screen plus having buttons would make this heaven.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Lolwut.

You sure you didn't see the Green Hill flowers moving behind the first capsule, instead? =P

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I really hope this gets released on PC. I'm not buying this on Android because I hate phone gaming.

19. How have you still managed to maintain your digital revolution protest?! =P

Also waiting on the Android version, hoping it supports the 360 controller too like with SCD. Good job guys.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

am I doin it rite

(iPod touch 5th gen, iPad mini, iPad 3rd gen)