don't click here

The Sonic E3 Editorial

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Guess Who, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Here's my opinions on the Sonic games at E3.

Shadow the Hedgehog
    When I first looked at this, I thought the same thing you did, "Why, Sega, why would you do such terrible things to your most popular characters?!", but then I actually looked at the game. It looks mostly like a Sonic Adventure game, you run around, jump, use dashboards to get from place to place, the only difference being that you are Shadow, and you're carrying a gun. As far as I know, you don't have to use the gun on all enemies. You can homing attack, etc. As far as I know! So, if you know different, please correct me. I don't mind.
    Also, you get to choose between good and evil. Assuming you can attack without the gun, that could be a factor. Do you just attack them, or do you shoot them down until it looks like you wove a quilt with a bullethole pattern? That could be a determining factor in the good/evil part.

Sonic Rush
    Looks like a Sonic Advance game with a sad-looking 3d model of Sonic. It would have been so much cooler if they had just kept the Sonic DS design of the previous E3. That had EXTRAORDINARY graphics, but instead they give us another boring 2D sidescroller with a deformed looking Sonic and some idiotic new character Blaze the Cat. Oh, God, why have you bestowed upon us the heap of crap?

EDIT: I will give it this - though the models aren't amazing, the backgrounds (the 2d stuff) are very good, with lots of detail and they are visually stunning.

Sonic Gems Collection
    Just a rehash of the special features from SA:DX for people too lazy to unlock them, as well as Sonic CD (the only cool game on there; I've never played Fighters), Sonic R, and Sonic the Fighters. Supposedly there are some unlockable games, rumored to be Chaotix, and some other obscure Sonic games. There is a special features area, but unless it is a Sonic Jam Sonic World-ish thingy, it probably won't be more than Mega Collection, except maybe some more art or something.

Last but not least,

The Next-Gen Sonic Preview
    Now that looks frickin' cool. The graphics on this thing look awesome, not even pre-rendered. The ring-box-shooting thing was kinda weird, but that's probably just to demonstrate something (maybe Sonic will have a box-shooting gun or something - ok, so there's a 100% chance he won't). The robots look much more... evil. Just one question - how does Sonic rise from the dead to become Super Sonic?

To all remember who I was (I haven't been here for, like, a year), hello, and to people who don't know me... hello.

Feel free to post your own opinions.

2. mc1228

mc1228

Here's what I think:

Shadow:

At first I thought "What on Earth is this?" "This is too crazy to be real!" As more details came out, however, I started looking forward to this game. It doesn't look like it will ruin the series after all. I look forward to trying it out firsthand.

Sonic Rush:

This looks pretty good, although why the heck did they make another new character? And what are these Sol Emeralds supposed to be?

Sonic Gems Collection:

This looks sweet! But why the Game Gear games again? We already have them! I just hope SegaSonic and Knuckles Chaotix are unlockable.

Next-Gen Video:

WHOA! This is definitely something to watch out for! It was especially neat when the robots gunned Sonic down, just to see him turn into Super Sonic. Now if only I could figure out why he is throwing item boxes.

3. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    I made a comic about it, but because I run a big site, actual opinions are dangerous. >>;;

[​IMG]

4. Vangar

Vangar

Anyone realise that if there was a totally different game in the previous year, it means that there's a new BETA to find?

5. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
  6. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

There was a rom, released.. (assuming it was actually real!)
    I downloaded it, and saved it in my archive for future reference (ie, once the Emu's had got going)

I lost it on my Dead Hard Drive
    Someone's gotta have a copy!

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That was fake, a joke by CulT. Sorry.

8. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    I'm wondering. Once the torrent was finished downloading, what was the result file?

9. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    [SSUK]SONIC-DS-LEAK-BETA(E).NDS

I wonder what could have been in there to make it 47 megabytes.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think it was some shit panned with some other shit. =P

11. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Anyone have screens of this "next-gen Sonic preview"? It sounds cool, especially with the whole Super Sonic thing.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You can download the video at Sonic Stadium. They have screens, too.

13. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Very Cool Video for that Next Gen Sonic thing, I like it, I just wonder what was up with the ring boxes being thrown as well.

I can't wait to see what that becomes.

14. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    This game hasn't been announced anywhere else than Sonic Stadium? Kinda makes it sound fake. =P

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The CulT has it too.

16. Squints

Squints

Poughkeepsie, NY
    To guess_who: Muchas gracias. *makes a beeline for Sonic Stadium*

17. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Oh, ok. Still though, Why hasn't an offical place put it up?

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    If you watch it, it's some guy with a camera taping it as he watches it on a screen. That's why :P

19. Squints

Squints

Poughkeepsie, NY
    Just downloaded the video and watched it...then watched it again...then watched it a third time...it was just so cool. The best part is when Sonic turns into Super Sonic, IMHO. Just thinking that none of those graphics are pre-rendered is enough to make my mind spin in its place. I really hope this comes to Revolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.