don't click here

Looking for a partner to work on Sonic Neon

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by 360, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Hey everyone. Development on Sonic Neon has started up again with a view to finishing the first public release of a one-level demo. I am however finding it extremely challenging in getting to grips with Sonic Worlds. I think it just goes to show how long it has actually been since I have worked on a Sonic fangame. I'm skilled with graphics, level art and level design but in terms of implementing the work into Sonic Worlds and getting the game playable I'm finding it hard and to be honest almost impossible. With that in mind I wanted to ask whether anyone would be willing to join the project as a partner so that development can resume and the one-level demo can be developed and eventually finished.

Here's some of the latest screenshots of Sonic Neon from the current build I'm working on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now in terms of time commitment I would say the involvement of any potential partner would be quite minimal. I need assistance with things like implementing the level I'm working on into Sonic Worlds and getting the level playable and functional. For someone skilled with Sonic Worlds and the MMF/MMF 2 event editor in general this wouldn't actually involve a massive amount of work. Even so for Sonic Neon to continue development I would need some serious help. Sonic Neon is planned to be a one-level demo for the moment in order to gauge interest in the project becoming a full game. So again we're looking at very little work involved. Assistance in implementing the level into Sonic Worlds. Getting it playable and functional. And for the moment that would be the only work involved.

For Sonic Neon to continue development and see a demo finished and released I am going to need help. Anyone interested?

2. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Anyone?

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Did you ask on SFGHQ? I mean, id love to help but I'm not as skilled as some of the members there, and I no longer have a copy of MMF2.

4. DaHog

DaHog

Sonic fan-made cartoon and Possible 3D Sonic fangame
    I might be able to help. I just need to get my bearings on Sonic Worlds.

But count me in. I've been trying to get some projects too.

5. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I'm still interested in producing a concept-demo for Sonic Neon so I may give Sfghq a shot. I did see your reply Dahog but at the time I read it I was unsure as to whether to pursue the project given all the screenwriting-related commitments I have going on right now. I recently got a paid screenwriting gig so I'm still uncertain as to how much time I could invest in to the game. Back when I was a teenager I had all the time in the world to produce fangames but as a working adult it has become more difficult.

Basically what I need is someone who is particularly good with Sonic Worlds allowing me to purely focus on graphics and level design. Plus generating fangames with a partner is quite simply more enjoyable and fun. Dahog, you still interested? Or anyone else for that matter?

6. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    I know nothing about programming but I do have a degree in audio design and production...If you need sound effects or music I could definitely help.