don't click here

Sega bringing Miku on PS3 to the west?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by AnimatedAF, Mar 7, 2013.

1. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

[​IMG]
    This just popped up on Sega's Facebook. Hmm..

Now if this can happen how about Yakuza 5 too please? :)

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Wonder what this means for Transformed's DLC characters that are in the talks...

3. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Nice, looks like that poll managed to turn a few heads within Sega. I'm hoping that they release the vita version too if this campaign is successful.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly? I'd say that the interest was enough to spike this, but I still don't think we'll see Miku as a racer.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Oh god the internet is going to EXPLODE.

And then no one will buy it.

6. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I really enjoy vocaloid music videos/songs along with rhythm games like DDR, so I definitely plan to buy it. I'd import it but the game's going for $100+ to import which I simply can't justify paying, nor can my friends who are also fans of vocaloids. I'll gladly pay $20-$40 for the localized version if/when it's released though.

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I only have one problem with this. I don't want it on PS3, I want it on a system I own. like the 360, wii, PSP, or 3ds

8. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    There's several PSP titles, but I highly doubt we'll see them localized because PSP support is almost nonexistent outside of Japan. There's also a 3DS title in the series that's only a year old, so there's a good chance we'll see it if Project Diva F gets the support the series needs.

Here's the trailer for the 3DS game, Project Mirai. Same gameplay as the vita/PS3 games but in nendroid style:

9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    During this trip to Japan I've played Project Diva a few times now. It's a really fun rhytm action game. Fuck yeah I'd buy it. I may be tempted to grab a copy while I'm out here if I can spare it.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Us in the West can officially have some fun with Miku.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151690607041796&set=a.133608051795.134727.28248536795&type=1

yakuza 5 next please

11. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

Hmm... So this campaign was all for one specific video game title. I can't help get the feeling that most of the people who voted for it were uninformed and expecting an American or English version of the Hatsune Miku Vocaloid program. One that could be used to make her sing English songs much easier.

12. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Time to save up for that blasted import Hori controller...

13. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    They did a campaign for that a while ago, and it succeeded, but I haven't heard any details about it actually being released. Last news I heard about it, they gave us some sample recordings of her singing in English and she still had an incredibly thick Japanese accent.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  15. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I take it that is an announcement for Japan only at the moment.

Either way, good to know but not at all surprising. In Japan they are going to ride that train as long as people are still eating it up like mad. Project Diva is popular to insane amounts.

16. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm a bit late to hear the news, but still pretty excited that Project Diva F is seeing a US release. When I get a PS3, I'd totally buy this, especially if it comes in physical copies too, but I can live with digital if that's the only option. Anything beats trying to import it. ($70+ DO NOT WANT.)

And I want to hope the sequel gets an international release too, but I wouldn't be surprised if what Aesculapius Piranha said turns out to be true. It doesn't seem like they need to release the game in other regions for other said regions to snap up as many Japanese copies that exist.

I think Crypton is working on that, but not much else has passed by me yet. Although her new voicebank would have to be pretty solid for English; hearing her sing fully in English now, beyond a few words here and there, is kinda strange. I heard Po Pi Po was supposed to have a set of English verses, and I can't even tell them from the Japanese ones, if it is there.

17. Vangar

Vangar

Looks like it's just a digital release in Australia, can anyone else confirm? I might import a localized hard copy if this is the case.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Only physical in English in America.

19. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
  20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    HEY! You want to be awesome? Want to help us make something amazing potentially happen?

RETWEET THIS WITH THE POWER OF THE NORTH STAR!

https://twitter.com/gene_hf/status/372059057068056577

While this has little to do with the game, let's have a little fun trying to force a marketing campaign out of Sega. :ruby: