don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The iPhone 4S is having trouble with the game as well.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, quite surprised that this game doesn't run too well on an iPhone 4. It's choppy, some menu text is too small and blurry to ready and the water effects don't seem to work at all. Disappointing.

3. Graxer

Graxer

It refused to let me purchase it on my iPod Touch version 3 because the "app requires a front facing camera". I'm not convinced that it does, but I am glad it didn't download if it couldnt even run full speed on the iPod Touch 4. :v:

Hopefully when it comes out on Android it will be compatible with my Xperia Arc S.

4. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    No problems on my 4S here. Smooth as butter.

Load times are a little irritating though.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This game needs more red rings. Seriously, only way to get them are through missions, and I don't even think there are enough missions in the game to get the 60 red rings needed for Knuckles on top of the 45 and 30 red rings for Tails and Amy respectively.

Its fun but that bugs me. What I do like is though that you can play your own music in the game unlike Sonic jump. It makes it better because of it imo (that and this game is more Sonic-y)

6. it's funny because you used to be able to play your own music in the game, but recently it just keeps pausing any music you use whenever the track in the game changes.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Pretty damn confident this game is unbeatable without purchases. Sonic Jump did it better in this regard, this game is just unfair.

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    This game doesn't work properly on my iPod Touch 4G. It lags a lot, the definition is poor, and it crashes almost constantly making it almost unplayable for me. Pretty much disappointed with it.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Incidentally, Sonic Scene confirms an Android version IS on the way thanks to a file in the iPhone version:

http://sonic-scene.ru/SonicTitles/Sonic-Dash/Sonic%20Dash%20Strings%20-%20Android.xml

Some fun stuff in this file, actually:

Code (Text):
    1. <Chinese>???????????????????  ????????????????????????????????????</Chinese>
    2. <English_US>THIS BUTTON CYCLES THROUGH THE ACTUAL AWARDS THAT CAN BE GIVEN TO THE PLAYER.  WHEN PRESSING THIS BUTTON YOU CAN IGNORE THE FIRST PART OF THE DIALOG (THE WHY) AND ONLY PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE REWARD IS</English_US>
    3. <French>DEBUG_SHOW_REWARD_INFO:NO_TRANSLATION</French>
    4. <German>DEBUG_SHOW_REWARD_INFO:NO_TRANSLATION</German>
    5. <Italian>DEBUG_SHOW_REWARD_INFO:NO_TRANSLATION</Italian>

10. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    If someone with a iOS system can get a screenshot of the title screen in png format. The wiki needs one.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Developers do this not because the app requires a front-facing camera, but because older devices didn't have one, so blocking devices without a front-facing camera is an easy way to restrict it to newer devices.

12. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    This is what I've been getting, but I've also been getting it in other apps (including things like the App Store) ever since iOS6. Next week I'm upgrading to a 5th gen iPod Touch.

13. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OshnSajVGIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0709RYSdalY

Here's these if anyone was interested in the music from the game.

14. I like it so far. I dislike the "hints" every time you die, but otherwise it's good enough for me. Runs around 25 fps on iPhone 4S, which is wonky, but not unplayable.

What I hear from this is "I paid TWO DOLLARS to own this game, I shouldn't have to PLAY it to unlock features".

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The problem is that the game is super simple and repetitive and does not do nearly enough to keep the game interesting for the absurd amount of time it would take to get, say, fifty red rings. If you play the game in short bursts, as most games like this are intended, I would not be surprised if it took literal months to, say, unlock Knuckles. And if you play for long stretches you will become bored and it will just become tedious grinding for a reward that is ultimately not worth the time.

And then the game dangles microtransactions in front of you, saying "hey, want to unlock these characters or level up your stats without grindng for hours? Just give us a few bucks and we'll make it happen!" The game is designed to make unlocking shit painful and tedious to tempt you into giving Sega money. Fuck that.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I've got one, but it only saves as a jpeg. Shall I still upload it?

EDIT: Never mind, emailing it to myself turned it into a png.

[​IMG]

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Is this game actually worth my time at all? I've got Sonic Jump but wasn't all that impressed with it. I've got a 2010 iPhone 4.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

For £1.49, it's a quick bit of fun. Don't for one second consider spending another penny on it, though. And you're not exactly missing out if you don't buy it. I guess it'll be on sale at some point though or even available free for a day like Jump has been. Just wait for either of those occasions.

19. Unreality

Unreality

It looks pretty cool but I'll likely wait until its free or discounted. I got burned by buying Sonic Jump and literally a couple of days later it was free. Screw that. Plus I've barely played it.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's an alright game for the first minute or so before it begins bringing in the cheap object layouts. After that it just becomes a game of trial and error. Also, there are games that are free or cost on dollar with more content than it this. So wait until it's free or just get Subway Surfer instead (which is pretty much the same game).