don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

Even more solicits, this time for Worlds Collide Part 6 (Sonic 249), plus the cover for Part 7 (Mega Man 26) :

[​IMG]

Mega Man 26:
    [​IMG]

The #249 solicit comes from Newsarama, and the Mega Man 10 styled cover for MM#26 is from Kotaku, where they also have a larger version:
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sonic-mega-man-crossover-may-2013.html
    http://kotaku.com/5981686/too-bad-this-mega-man—sonic-comic+book-crossover-isnt-an-actual-game

(Retro likes changing double dashes to a single dash, so make the dash between man and sonic in the Kotaku link to two.)

2. Some really awesome covers coming out of this crossover.

3. Tylinos

Tylinos

Preview for FCBD issue / Sonic 247 is up for download on the FCBD site. Major spoilers for 247 inside:
    http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1042?stockItemID=STK524469

So, there never was a traitor to begin with. "I got the motive wrong." Way to go, Silver you goof.

EDIT Clarifying with some Ian talk:
    [quotename='Ian Flynn']That's a heck of a point to enter on, because it loses all the context of the proceeding pages. What you're looking at is about the half-way point of the issue and the end of a major scene. Argh.

There's also some art and dialogue fixes to be made. Behold! The comic process![/quote]
    [quotename='Ian Flynn']This is the lynchpin in Silver's quest. If he doesn't stop The Traitor this issue, then that's it - he's failed.

And before anyone goes: "But Sonic says in the preview that there isn't....!"

I know what he said. And I'm saying again: you're missing a ton of context for the scene.[/quote]

4. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I can't believe I'm actually posting in this thread.

I read up on what all has happened throughout the comic, and I actually like how Sonic, Tails and Amy have more focus as the main characters. Almost makes me want to start buying the comic again.

Oh wait I'm gonna have to for Worlds Collide. :argh:

5. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    For some reason, it's remind me...

[​IMG]

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    [​IMG]

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

Alright, so I got #246, and over in #comics I was asked to post up some spoilers to liven this thread up. Alright.

First, though, some preview pages from Sonic Super Digest #2 and Sonic Archives #20:
    http://ifanboy.com/articles/previews/preview-sonic-super-digest-2/
    http://www.destructoid.com/robo-robotnik-is-pure-nightmare-fuel-246487.phtml

Not going to put up the pages myself since they're just reprints.

Anyway, #246:
    I really liked this issue...except for Knuckles' parts.

Team Fighters' part was mostly them teaming up with Shard, and arguing with him a bit, since he tried to kill them all in the past and they didn't trust him. The volcano story and Sonic #25 are both brought up. They fought against the Krudzu, and Tails convinced the Devil Dogs to help them out. They bottled up its main sprout, Shard suggesting he take it back home to try and reverse engineer it to make a deroboticization agent. I have no idea how that'd even work, but whatever. He says he was here to keep them on track for saving Sally, and sends them off to the arctic for next issue.

But Knuckles? The first half was one big dialogue-free fight from the Tazmanian Ruins in Downunda (where we see Thrash isn't the last normal Devil left; There's an elderly one around), to White Acropolis (Yes, seriously.), and back to Angel Island where Thrash escapes. It feels like a massive anti-climax. There was no impact at all, even with the "Oh yeah there's another Tazmanian Devil," part. We do get to see the Chaotix returning from their story, though, which is nice.

Team Fighters' side actually felt like a proper story and a good conclusion, with some really nice interaction between them and Shard. It's just a shame that Knuckles' part sucked so much.

8. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Can anyone tell me if any of the World Collide issues have actually been released yet?

As a UK Collector it's really hard to find out release dates and my local comic book store just orders in whatever they can for me each month but their deliveries have been less than consistent.

Thanks.

9. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    [​IMG]

I heard that more character redesigns were coming in. Is this incorrect or what?

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Assumed correct. As you see in that pic, Bunnie's sillhouette looks different, Ant's face was blown up, and we already know Sally's changing, plus Rotor also has new duds. Ian admitted it on dA, that whole shebang about having to either drag SatAM from 20 years ago to the current standards or drop those elements altogether.

EDIT: relevant:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'll be VERY curious to see what kinds of changes that the rest of the SatAM cast will go through. It is kind of bittersweet, though... I literally grew up with those characters looking like they have, but I'm looking forward to the changes. Flynn has more than earned my trust at this point, for the simple fact that he brought the comics back from being an absolute laughingstock for all the wrong reasons.

EDIT: For KKM's edit, I'm loving Mighty and Ray's new look!

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm loving the new Mighty and Ray designs. I was getting tired of their Sonic shoes and it kind of works with how the rest of the Chaotix have new shoes.

Funny how the initial covers for that ark had Mighty in a different outfit though. Why the sudden change I wonder

13. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Unfinished designs, likely. The cover of SU 49 was altered before release to reflect the new designs.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Not yet. They start dropping in April with MegaMan #24 if I am correct.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

I don't know much at all about Worlds Collide besides the epic covers, but can someone tell me if they take place in Sonic and Megaman's respective canon in the comics?

16. I'm pretty sure they don't, seeing as in all the artwork I've seen on the Sonic side it's all game-only characters, no SatAM/Archie characters to be seen.

17. Tylinos

Tylinos

Ian's said they'll be semi-canon, presumably in the same way Genesis was. (In that it happened, but in an altered world that has effects on the fixed world.) He also mentioned it'll have an effect on an ongoing plotline. People've been guessing it has to do with the missing Blue Chaos Emerald that caused Genesis in the first place.

18. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Preview pages for #246 of the main comic are up: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/05/sonic-the-hedgehog-246-preview

I'll put them here if you're lazy though:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not just the preview pages by the way:
    The Knuckles vs Thrash conflict is fairly sidelined compared to the other conflict going on between Team Fighters, Krudzu Metal Knuckles with Crabmeat Claws, and Agent Jack aka Shard the Metal Mecha Sonic. Yes, they're calling him Mecha Sonic again...

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

I always hated when they say Mecha instead of Metal in reference to him. Mecha's become such a generic term.

20. It's a series staple and Metal Sonic is now its own character. It'll probably go away he tells them his name is Shard.