don't click here

I look forward on working on Music for a Sonic Fan Game.

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Scorched Dreamer, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Scorched Dreamer

Scorched Dreamer

Tudd Member
    Linz, Austria
    Pier Pressure [Headcannon]
    Greetings, As the title states, I do look forward to work on music for a Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Game. I only want to do this because seeing images or concept art of a level and then using my creativity to compose a melody based on that will do nothing more than expand my skills in composing. Be aware though that I might NOT always finish some songs and that I am a pretty busy person currently. For now, do NOT rely on me for Music on your Fan Game. Just show me the level or what else you need music for, and I'll try my best. I do not guarantee anything though.

If you want to hear my other sounds (Which are mostly remixes, that's why I'm willing to improve my OC skills) please visit my Soundcloud.

2. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I'm positive this thread should go in the creative works area, since it isn't technically discussion of a working fangame per-say. I know that any wishful thinking and game planning gets put there until something tangible happens.

Anyway I could help you out there in that regard. I don't have any working fangame but I have ideas and shitty concept art/inspiration. So if nothing comes out of it no one is going to get madpants. Let me scrape together a collection of stuff and ideas and get back to you.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I might take you up on that...

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but that reminds me Jason, did you ever check out the songs I mocked up for your project back in your original thread? I never heard anything from you but I didn't know if you saw them or not.

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sorry captain, I missed those posts the first time around. Unfortunately your Soundcloud appears to be down. Shame, I'd have loved to hear them. Shoot us a PM if you find them.

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I'm actually looking for a music master to produce music for my 2 projects .
    CD remix and Sonic Xtreme.
    The first custom level I'll be working on for Xtreme will be Sand Gully AKA Red Sands zone, And CD remix will be Palm Tree panic, collision Chaos, and also an Original zone.
    Really looking for some New music to fit these games. Remix or Original works are welcome.

Red sands zone concept art from Sonic Xtreme.
    [​IMG]

7. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Alright so I'm trying to put together a few unique act tropes and start building a concept off of them. All I have done is mess around with fan engines like Sonic Worlds so nothing serious, but I at least want to have a concept to return to and think about when the time comes (if it comes) that I want to get down and dirty with attempting a fangame. This is just a rough map of an idea to get you going.

So to start off with I'm set on using a forest in a valley as my first act. Tentatively titled Winding Woodland, it consists of a dense forest situated in the middle of a crater like mountain ridge. The act consists of three main layers: the bottom of the forest, the middle tree branches and village huts, and above the treetops. It gets the name from most of the looping and pathways actually being twisted branches and tree houses constructed on the trees. Occasionally rivers bisect the treeline and introduce players to water. It's would be designed to be upbeat and cheerful like a jog through the woods. Getting above the treetops treats the player to a view of the overgrown forest and the mountain ridge containing it. Like water, if he runs fast enough on the top of the treeline he can run on top of it. Slowing down or ending the path leads to falling through the treeline and back into the middle/bottom areas of the act. The beginning starts in a flower meadow and moves towards down the mountain ridge and into the forest through a drop inspired by segments of Sonic CD/OVA. The act starts off in the day, and by the act's boss fight it will be nearing dusk and night time. Think the comic Knothole only with crazy trees.

Here is some real concept art of stuff from pros that I am using for inspiration to get you going:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my shitty paint tier concept art I did in like 10 minutes to illustrate and articulate some of my ideas for the act and gimmicks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Scorched Dreamer

Scorched Dreamer

Tudd Member
    Linz, Austria
    Pier Pressure [Headcannon]
    Thanks for all of this, Your idea sounds pretty good. I'll start as soon as I get an idea. I'm still somewhat a newbie in my OC stuff, but I've got loads here.