don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, it looks like Free Comic Book Day is joining the crossover as well, with Worlds Collide Part 0:
    http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1042?stockItemID=STK524469
    http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=61246
    [​IMG]

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yakko Warner is in SU #47.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Sonic Universe #50 sounds amazing. Maybe we'll get a model (besides Shard) that lasts more than an issue again...?

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Huhwhat?! explain.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    [​IMG]

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Haha! I don't keep up with the comics, but that is very cool.

7. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    "...lack of interruption..."

A Sonic '06 joke, Flynn? Cheeky, real cheeky when you could have used another phrase that wouldn't have sounded as weird in the dialogue.

+ - "There will be no more interruptions."  

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't get it

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Jab at '06's loading times. But that's an enormous stretch; I doubt it's a reference to anything.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    [​IMG]

Apparently no one got the memo you shouldn't copypaste on CGI art and then awkwardly paint in the remaining characters.

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Wow. That's just really, really bad.

12. In Sonic 06 the second time Silver fights Sonic, Silver is all "this time, there will be no more interruptions!".

But it's still a stretch so uh

13. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    yeah. My last lingering thread of hope for this comic just died whilst reading the #244 spoliers.

Ian's just wiped out the entire Echidna population, including Julie-Su and Saffron. I couldn't care less about the echidna's, but I really liked Saffron.

Okay yeah, it might be all 'alright' by the end of the arc, but this is just poor writing.

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

Nice job not spoiler-tagging the spoilers there, guy. Not everyone's read the issue yet.

From what I've heard, they've been just warp ringed, right? Like the Rob thing, it's just an "out of the way unless Archie/Sega says otherwise" thing, not completely dead. Sucks, but not the end of the world. Even if people started getting the issue in on Friday.

Though I guess that means I was wrong about thinking they wouldn't just remove them between issues. Welp.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They killed Julie-Su and Saffron? Fuckin hell, I don't care about Saffron but to be honest I liked Julie Su.

and yea, thanks for not spoilering the spoilers (I enjoy this comic's story)...

16. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Damn, I just looked into what happens in 244, that is some heavy stuff, poor Knuckles. Also we shouldn't actually call them dead since it sounds like he didn't kill them, rather he just moved them into some zone, possibly the same one The Brotherhood of Guardians are in. Also I didn't know the whole Penders thing got settled last month, I just found this out, could that be the reason why Julie-Su is apparently dead or was this planned all along? I'm not complaining though, I think it's a very nice twist.

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Fuck's sake would you stop whining? Given the circumstances, Ian's done all he could to keep them around.

They've been sent somewhere with a warp ring, likely the twilight cage.

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    How are any of these comments "whining"? I think people are just shocked.

Writing out an entire species, whether they're actually dead or were warped somewhere else, is pretty ballsy if you ask me. I'm not really surprised that this happened, though. I thought they were already toast considering Albion was destroyed in #241.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If it wipes away the last crap that Penders had unleashed on the comic, frankly they're better off for it. The universe has enough characters as it is without 7 billion Knuckles fancharacter clones.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Spaz drew and colored each characters + background. There's no CGI there.