don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. There are rips already for the soundtrack? Could anyone provide me with a link to one? I haven't had much luck finding one myself.

And am I the only one who doesn't care much for the Burning Rangers course? I really want to say I like it since it has such great music, but it feels a bit too closed in. Makes it pretty difficult at times to drift around corners without running into something, especially in the boat sections.

Aside from the courses that feel a bit too closed in, and of course Traffic Attack, I've really enjoyed this game so far. I'm willing to say it's better than any already existing racer out there.

2. Blue Wisp

Blue Wisp

Easy on the car okay Member
    Here it is! It has full versions of all the songs (I don't take credit for the rip. Credit goes to !!!!! from FFShrine.). I have to admit this game has a wonderful soundtrack. Richard did a great job with it.

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Got all the stars in World Tour today...wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be considering what people were saying. One or two traffic attacks were the main issue.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Uh, is there anyway you can reupload that to Mediafire or something? That site you posted needs a password, and uh... You never gave us the password. :specialed:

5. Blue Wisp

Blue Wisp

Easy on the car okay Member
    Whoops. :v:
    The password is "!!!!!" (no quote marks of course).
    My apologies!

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Do Traffic Attack
    >Cross the last gate
    >still get a time over

I hope you can see this middle finger, S0L. What the fuck, man.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That's happened to me a few times more than I would have liked it to. I've had to put off this game for a little while, trying to do Expert on everything plus the Expert staff ghosts is just too frustrating for me.

8. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    FYI, not everyone wants to use a download client to get the file. I noticed that none of the links were to a direct download.

9. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I fucking constantly got that with ring races. Not with traffic attacks though, because I either clear them with time to spare or completely and utterly fail. :v:

What really sucks for me, though, is that I haven't had the chance to play the game for a while so now I'll probably never get those other stars because I'll suck terribly when I do get bck to the game.

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Is it just me or is this game really fucking hard? :psyduck:

I played the first game to death, enough that I got all the trophies, so I thought I wouldn't be doing so bad at this game. So far, for the races, getting first place on hard has been due to near perfect play and more luck than I'd like.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I bet you can't wait until Expert is unlocked! :v:

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've yet to place first in a race on Expert where I didn't use a clutch All Star to rocket me into first.

13. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Play with friends. Even if they suck, they are players who are not NPCs, and the game gets way easier with them.

14. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

HAHAHAAHAHAH! OH... oh... you crack me up

:flunked:

15. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh god, I'm not the only one this has happened to then! I was actually sat for a couple of hours trying to do one of those damn missions on expert mode a few weeks back and in the end I gave up because I was constantly coming up against this issue. It's completely unfair. I'm all for a legitimate challenge, but cheap things like that? No way.

Expert mode is generally pretty insane though - and so it should be, it's not called "Expert" for nothing =P I'm chipping away at the missions on expert mode now because it's got to the point where normal is way too easy and hard isn't too taxing most of the time...

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I had 1 friend over on a weekend, and 4 controllers.

Both him and I would race, usually me winning. Then once we pass the finish line, we'd grab one of the other controllers and race as the other driver.

It basically cuts 3 of the AI, and at the same time it speeds up leveling of the drivers.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I agree. It's infuriating, but the kind that makes you want to keep coming back, like a weird form of masochism. I've gotten better at the races, at least. Watching the A.I. players gives me a better example of timing stunts for maximum potential.

Still, I can't quite grasp Risk Boosts in the plane. The timing to pull them off is very strict, so I either don't get it or I clip the wall and lose all speed (an annoying feature in this game, touch the wall just a tad and your speed dies.)

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Ya missed the joke, son. I haven't had friends to play vidja games since I moved away from Ottawa to buttfuck nowhere.

I think this is the most annoying part of the game, but I don't remember if that's how it was in the first one.

19. I've had it happen where I've crossed the finish line in first, but somehow get counted as being in second. No biggie, but it's happened.

And thanks Blue Wisp, I'm downloading it now.

20. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I'm pretty sure it did that in the first game too. I can understand losing speed but, it's a bit ridiculous. I mean, that doesn't even happen in most technical racers, certainly doesn't happen in F-Zero. Instead you explode violently if you do it too much. :v: