don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. princeofknaves

princeofknaves

Detroit, Michigan
    Entropy Engine, Knuckles The Echidna Game
    wow that is alot simpler than what I thought they we're doing. Kinda embarrassed I didn't consider that from the beginning.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    How does the lightfile specify "all directions" though?

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    This is how.

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Mod of the Year nominations have started over at Moddb.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project

I've already put in my nomination vote for this. Everybody else should, too!

6. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Just a clarification for the Mod of the Year thing, you can vote for as many mods as you want. You're not really supposed to vote for the one you think it's the best(that would be ridiculous considering heavy-hitters like DayZ, MERP, and Black Mesa which have work put into them in a whole other level compared to this). You're just supposed to vote on your favourites, so if anything catched your eye this year, do vote on it.

This is just for Phase 1, which is getting into the Top 100. After that, Phase 2 comes, and new voting must be done only for the top 100 mods.

7. I really hope I haven't upset anyone by posting that here... I just don't know how else to approach this or reach out to people for this sort of thing.

....oh, it's been removed. Sigh... never mind.

8. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    Here's the thing though. The Shadow Android I made ISN'T supposed to be that Orange-striped Android in your screenshot. It's supposed to be the "Recolor of regular Shadow" Android. Just recoloring Shadows textures would have been boring and lazy, so I added-in the metallic features of the 4 robotic ones (minus the guns for arms bit.)
    I chose that one because it fits the whole "yellow+black/gray" color scheme of the other two rivals.

Also, I updated it's model and textures a bit. I fixed a rigging error on the arms, made the non-mouth/non-ear/non-chest-fuzz fur darker, and attempted to make the chest-fuzz look a bit better.
    And I changed the power-up songs.
    And I put them into a video. A video that also shows a bit of Classic Metal Sonic and Classic Metal Sonic 3.0.
    http://youtu.be/I-hbJRM2xiI

And I can't even link to that video because its youtube video code starts with a lowercase "I". Every time I try posting the link, that ONE lowercase "I" is turned into an upper-case "I"...
    Just replace that first uppercase "I" with a lowercase one in the link I made in this post...

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Dario, how dare you only post this on the Game Grumps Reddit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TnQVJWi1T4

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Splendid work Dario. this is a definite must have!

11. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)

Classic Metal Sonic fights Classic Metal Sonic 3.0.
    Nothing special...

12. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This is quite special indeed! I really wish I had the sufficient technology to play this.

Have you ever considered making a more menacing S-Rank animation (and the other ones) for Classic Metal Sonic (sorry if you have already mentioned this)? Classic Sonic's doesn't seem to fit him too much.

13. Hey Dario, I have a question. When will the directional shadows fix be available? Don't take it like I'm asking for a specific date, I'm just wondering if it's almost done or is far from done. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but this has been on the back of my mind for a while. I'm itching to try those directional shadows out.

14. Falk

Falk

http://soundcloud.com/falk-2/white-world-unleashed

All done!

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    That's awesome. I'd love to hear a White World of Eggman Land.

16. This is close...

But yeah these white space remixes are fantastic! The last one is hilarious.

17. Falk

Falk

I'm beginning to realize I'm a huge failure as a troll.

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Was not expecting the wubs at first with Adabat. But, I guess slowing down percussion that fast almost demands a dubstep version.

19. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Falk... you wonderful brilliant bastard.

Nice trolling.

20. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Ahahaha, I figured the dubstep version wasn't the real thing. Is it bad that I really wouldn't have minded it due to the aforementioned reason of slowing down the percussion so much though?