don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 BATTLE PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Oerg866, Nov 19, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'll post it here once, since the whole Internet can see this subforum.

SA2 on PC != Easy ticket to hacking. Generations was blown wide open because of how clean and organized its code was written, allowing it to be easily interpreted and altered. Seriously, editing the physics in the game is as easy as changing a value.

SA2, however, doesn't enjoy that luxury. Anyone who's looked at the file structure for SA2 will see how much of a jumble the code is. It's quite daunting to look at, never mind interpret.

Better example: MainMemory is the resident expert here of SA1 hacking. In the 14 years SA1 (less since the first PC release) the he's only managed to begin getting his program for editing the game running recently. And it's nowhere near perfect. SA2 is a more complicatedly coded game than SA1.

Unless all you people looking for mods really mean trying to model swap your fan characters in than any sort of actual meaningful mods (and you likely all are.) Even then, looking at the Gamecube edits made, Super Sonic/Super Shadow model swaps are all that's been attained.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    How many of those 14 years were with people actively reverse engineering the game? And I haven't "only managed to begin getting his program for editing the game running recently", I'm working on getting the second generation of tools up to feature parity with the first generation. Level and model editors have been out for like a year now. Granted, SA2 is more complex, and I'm not sure how I'll get character model editing to work, or if I'll figure out the model format for everything else, but I do already have the knowledge from SADX and the little bit I've looked into SA2DC.

And how exactly does one determine code quality by looking at the file structure?

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Hahahahahaha this shitass actually thinks 2560*1440 is cool. Call me when you get 3360*2100 bitch.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    HAHAHAHAHA I'm loling at your avatar & signature, polygon jim HAHAHA. Jesus HAHAHA.

Anyway! I liked this port, could have been better in a lot of ways but not bad.

[​IMG]

Their worst mistake was not upscaling the textures with a nice interpolation algorithm (for example: the Kernel regression method).

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    So I was playing the story and got to Big Ass Stone Robot, and then this happened.

[​IMG]

6. Don't buy it on Steam, it's over priced.

Buy it on Green Man Gaming for $8.95, or use the discount code (GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R) to bring it down to $7.16. Code also works on the pointless SA2B DLC, which is also available. Just click here, click on the link on the top ten best sellers, click "buy now", then use the discount code.

It gives you a key that activates on Steam, btw.

I had $2.50 store credit, and just bought the game for $4.66. Good times.

edit: I'm tempted to buy the stupid DLC too. The code brings it down to $2.40. Does it really do anything?

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    CHao Karate is the best feature ahha it seems, and err... I bought it on Steam for $7,20 and the DLC is $2,45 to me (but that is the conversion from BRL to US$, I guess they have discount prices for countries with devalued currencies...)

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You can't get all 180 emblems without the DLC.

9. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    Anyone else having sound issues like this?

Aquatic Mine was about to drive me insane the whole time. :v:

10. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    sounds to me like somebody moved the mines under a lake or an ocean.

11. Graxer

Graxer

I had that problem too, yes. I half wondered whether it was in the original game and I somehow didn't notice! :v:

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    That happens to me too on xbox! And like Graxer said, I wondered if was like that in the original

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    One Gene powers up his Dreamcast and Gamecube later...

Yep. It's nearly identical. It's just a bit louder here, but it isn't unnoticeable either.

14. Guys, I can't get X360CE to work with the game..... can anyone help ?

It doesnt let me select gamepad, only keyboard

15. Granville

Granville

US
    You have to follow these instructions-
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/213610/discussions/0/882966056561112468/

Worked perfectly for me, I'm using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad. The trick is not using the launcher software after manually setting the option in the text document. If you run that launcher again it will revert to keyboard again and you'll need to edit the config document again. So make sure it's already at the resolution you want it. Then just execute the main game program (don't run it via launcher).

16. OK I checked with dependency walker that Launcher is doing some dickery because Launcher is not referencing XINPUT *ever*, only DINPUT8, while the game itself does. Fuck that :V Thanks for the link dude!

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Iron Gate on the PC version seems to be missing all of the stage lighting and effects.

[​IMG]

It's supposed to look like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZlTX0pmyI

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Clearly, we must apply the Hedgehog Engine to the game. :specialed:

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    So I picked up Eggman's hover booster in Lost Colony, after I had tapped Omochao and he was flying around nearby. While the camera's spinning around me and I'm reading the upgrade's info, Omochao flies right above my mech, and is frozen in place. Every few seconds I hear the boxing glove sound effect, I assume trying to punch him away, but the action doesn't physically occur as I'm clearly locked in place.

It was rather amusing.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah so whats up with this bullshit and is there a way to turn it off(line)?